Thread: HD 7850 not recognized in Asrock Z77 Extreme 6

HD 7850 not recognized in Asrock Z77 Extreme 6

I am trying to install HD 7850 on Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 motherboard. But that does not looks to be working well. The board is new while is cold. My friend just purchased that card from some other guy at half price. It is a used gpu. It was working before, but as we attached the same in existing system it failed. There is nothing on the screen when we connect it on the monitor. Is there any proper alternative available by which I can simply make it work. Thanks.

Re: HD 7850 not recognized in Asrock Z77 Extreme 6

Did you checked the connection properly. Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 has a set of additional pci slots. Just change the slot one by one and check. I think that would work. There can be connectivity problem. Also try to change the cable and check back.

After attaching the card did you checked the bios settings. You will need to go in the bios and you will have to check the display section from where you have to switch vga to pci. By default it is set on vga/pci. So that anyone of those connection is detected you get display on the screen. But sometime there is specific display port only. So you will need to modify the same from the bios and then you will need to check back. If that does not works then you will need to test the card in some other pc. If it also fails to work on that then the card is damage. You had bought a dead card. There is one way to save it. If the card is not too old then you can still get it fixed under warranty. I got my old card stopped working due to this. I attached the card and it was detected first but after an hour it stopped. I tried ample of things but nothing worked. The card was dead. I had seen on web that there are some option by which you can run a bios update and fix the problem. The process here is complicated but really effective. The bios update can be found on the official site of card manufacturer.

The card is dead I think due to which you are not able to use the same. It is necessary that you must try to carry the same to a service center from where you get it fixed. That will be more appropriate way of fixing the issue.

I lost the card in same manner. It was working fine, but while playing games the system just turn off automatically. First I was not able to identify the issue. I thought the issue lies with the power stuff. I checked the cables and everything. After searching for solutions on different forums I found the issue lies with the heating. The graphic card just heats up so instantly due to which it is turned off. I opened it. There was huge amount of dust inside. After cleaning and applying a good quality heat sink the system looks to be working really fine for some while. It worked well for a month and then it is dead again. Sometime gpu stops working due to heating and then it is time to go for new upgrades. I think you had wasted your money. Always buy stuff before checking them. Because ample of people are selling you damage products only which last only for few months. Bios flash here is a complicated process which only works if you can find the most reliable one.