Thread: Asus Sabertooth Z87 mobo turns off and restart automatically

Asus Sabertooth Z87 mobo turns off and restart automatically

I have just bought Asus Sabertooth Z87 motherboard along with Intel Haswell bridge for I5 core processor. But there is some problem that I am facing with my computer. When I am turning on the computer then it will power up for 1-2 seconds and then it will turn off and restart immediately. When I take out the RAM and then swap it around then it will power up for 1 minute and then restart again. After this restart the system will finally power up and stay put without any reboot. But again, after sometime when I am playing some game then it will randomly crash again? Now I dont know what else to do to solve this issue? Any ideas

Re: Asus Sabertooth Z87 mobo turns off and restart automatically

Have you checked whether your motherboard has the latest BIOS file installed? The problem might be that your motherboard is having some problem with the ram that you have. So, try to update the bios of your mobo if you havent done it by uing the usb flash port. You will need to run in Standard Mode, so check this option in the bios setting. Usually, if you select performance mode in the bios setting then the speed of the RAM changes to CPU speeds and thus you will face problem. Also ensure to turn on xmp profile under the AI tweaker.

There were a lot of people who were having problem with the 1007 Bios for this Asus Sabertooth Z87 mobo. After updating this particular BIOS file the motherboard was not responsive at all. Also the Cpu led is always on and it will not boot although the power will come on and then fans will spin as well. This seems to be a real problem and even Asus people wont be much of help as well.

I am definitely sure that it is a RAM problem, so could you tell us what RAM make or model you have? You can try to make a Memtest boot DVD or USB stick from memtest.org website. After that disconnect all the drives except DVD-Rom. Now, try to use single stick of RAM and insert it in the proper slot for using one stick at a time. Check to make sure whether all RAM stick doesnt show any errors or so.