Thread: ASUS P8P67 motherboard crashes randomly

ASUS P8P67 motherboard crashes randomly

I am using a ASUS P8P67 motherboard i5 core processor and 4gb of ram and also a SSD with 1tb hard drive. I dont know why but at random time the system will slowdown majorly and then it will eventually lock up and crash. This usually happens when I am streaming video or playing some games, then the system will not respond at all but I can still hear the sound playing at the background. I am using a Nvidia GTX 260 graphics card and have the latest driver installed as well. I have heard that this problem happens due to the SSD and I am looking to update the firmware of the SSD as well. But I want to make sure whether this is really the SSD problem or some other memory related problem? Thanks.

Re: ASUS P8P67 motherboard crashes randomly

It definitely looks to me that the problem is with the graphics card itself. Can you try to check the temperature of the graphics card and see how much it is listing while playing games or watching any videos. Can you try to test some other graphics card by borrowing it from any of you friends for a test purpose and then check if the game and videos are able to play fine on your pc with the same configuration, but only the graphics card changed. It will definitely help you to rule out the problem with the video card issue.

Even I was facing the same problem with the same motherboard. I also replaced most of the hardware which I thought was having issues but to no avail. Then after searching on the net I found that we have to underclock our RAM to 1066MHz even if it is rated to work at higher mhz speed to solve this freezing problem. Also, you should test the ram with the memtest solution to find out if there are any errors with the RAM that you have.

What SSD do you have? Also, have you tried to update your SSDs firmware to the latest? Even try the latest bios of the motherboard that you have. Have you also done any overclocking on the motherboard? Can you tell us how full is the SSD? Did you also try to reduce the size of the pagefile or tried to remove it? Try to replace the RAM from the A/B2 to A1 or B1 and see if that works.