Thread: Which are good 140mm fan available for intel processors

Which are good 140mm fan available for intel processors

My processor is getting hot a bit. I am unable to understand why. It is simply hot on regular usage. I thought the issue was with gaming, but the problem only lies when I play game. The cpu temp cross the limits. I had clean my system and even on ideal mode the temperature is a bit high from current one. My friend suggested me to buy a good 140mm fan and it them in my case to maintain more air ventilation. I hope there will be some reasonable models available. Can anyone help.

Re: Which are good 140mm fan available for intel processors

The problem can be also due to heatsink. If you had not cleaned your system from long time then the issue is common. Most of the intel cpu are designed to work in extreme condition. It is essential that you open your case, clean the heatsink and apply another one. That will keep the cpu cooler.

The fans are commonly used. And among them 140mm is the most common size. Compare to regular 120mm they are more better to squeeze out heat from your system. Bigger size also means means more better air ventilation. Also it is necessary to check other aspect of cpu heat. Another problem lies with is noise. A number of bigger fan makes more noise and cause more problem. Fans that product nice between 20 and 25 dB are appropriate solutions and termed as silent. But as the heat rises there can be more noise. The noise many rise up to 28 dB in terms of extreme performance. Usually fans consume 2.5 to 12 V of power and that is not simply heavy on the existing psu. But if you are adding more number of fans or using a bigger fan then it also require to more power and so it is essential to upgrade the existing psu also. First off all still you can manage your system temperature by the existing fans. And they work just nice. There is no issue at all. Just ensure that your system has good ventilation left. You might not need to invest a good amount on the fans.

For that reason I had recently changed my cpu case. I bought a new one which is more bigger and has 2x 200mm fans. It works more nicely and has not issue at all. So to some extent it is not just limited to the fans, the case also matters the most.

There are some nice models available under Artic. The manufacturer offers you some decent cooling solution to keep your system work fine to some extent. It works just fine with any system and has minimum noise and vibration. In terms of finishing there is nothing special. But as the fan is going to stay inside. I found fans under tihs more flexible compare to others. The fitting is also very simple. To some extent it is also important to find a fan setup which is not complicated to use. So just check out the models under Artic first and then go ahead with the buying process. There are some more fans available which comes in more cheaper rate and simply easy to configure. But in future you might need to replace them back. The one model that I can recommend you is Arctic F14. Just checkout the fan on web and see whether it would be easy to fit on the screen or not.

There are two models which I will recommend you. NF-A14 FLX and NF-A15. This are simply great fans with complete cooling solution. NF-A14 here is a classic series while the other one is a bit more enhanced. the fan offers a nice cooling solution with 1200rpm support.

I am having NF-P14 FLX. It is one of the best fan I had seen. I had upgraded that from NF-P12. The fan simply uses a 140mm frame. That has a 120mm inside it. The performance is good here compare to the other fans but there are more high end models available under Noctua. The finish is simply great here. The power cable is around 40cm long and it is nicely covered. NF-A14 FLX comes with two low-noise fans hooked on the same. It works quietly and I had seen a great changes in it. The rpm also lies around 1000. I found it flexible to use it.