Thread: RAM for HP Pavilion Laptop

RAM for HP Pavilion Laptop

I need help to locate ram replacement for HP Pavilion laptop. I had bought the laptop around a year ago. There is no warranty left on the same. And the ram is causing problem. It is giving me constantly blue screen. I restored the pc a number of time but still it did not worked. I need some help here to get it fixed. The repair guy near my house is just charging me a very high price. I cannot pay that. I had seen on web laptop rams which are cheaper and affordable. How can I find what ram my laptop has.

Re: RAM for HP Pavilion Laptop

It is not recommended that you open the laptop with your own hand and replace the ram. If you have hardware knowledge then it is safer but if you are new to it then it will be risky. It is essential that you carry the same to the service center. They might charge you a bit higher but you will get genuine product which will last longer. I did that for my old laptop which was having hard disk problem. I got it replaced and things look to be working fine. I hope you can also find the same kind of replacement easily.

How do you find that the laptop ram is damaged. Did you tested that problem. There are chances that your OS might be having some issue. You can simply confirm that by running MemTest. It is one of the best tool to find ram issue. Just download a bootable MemTest CD. You can then scan your system with that. You will just nee to boot the system with it. Then run a memory test. That's all. Once you run memtest it will tell you about ram errors. Some simple fix here is to clean the ram edges and place it back.

You can go on some online shopping website and locate the ram. Based on the laptop configuration you can simply locate the right ram module. For that just check the hardware specification of your laptop. It will show whether your system is having some DDR2 or DDR3 RAM of some Mhz. So better find that first and then go on Google Shopping and search the exact specification. You will be able to find the ram and the you can buy that. The RAM that is found on web lies around Rs.2,000.

It is safe to buy from web. All you need to know is how to fit it properly. And you must be sure that the problem only lies with the laptop ram not with the operating system or any other stuff. You can run chkdsk to find out bad sectors in your hard drive. If there are bad sectors then replacing ram will not work here. There can be some other issue also. Sometime drivers are incompatible windows updates are common cause of issue. So just verify the same and then go for the upgrades.