Thread: Intel DH55TC Motherboard turn off automatically after few minutes

Intel DH55TC Motherboard turn off automatically after few minutes

I am having a Core i3 system. The complete configuration is listed below. My motherboard model is Intel DH55TC. It was working fine for last 2 years. Suddenly the system turned off automatically. I tried to turn it on by changing the power cable, smps, etc. But nothing worked. After opening the case I found that on my board near winbond chip, there is a weird burned material. It looks like might be due to heating the chip connectors are burned. On my process which I found 2 black spots at the top left. My system is not turning on at all.

Re: Intel DH55TC Motherboard turn off automatically after few minutes

That is a serious issue. Your board is still under warranty and also the processor. But as you said the board has burn marks then it is out of warranty. I think you are using the pc at some place where temperature was quiet high due to which this thing occurred. The board is dead completely.

Try to carry the same to your nearest service center and see what they say. Most of the time if your board have this kind of stuff your system goes out of warranty.

This happened to my old system. I kept the system below the desk and hardly clean it in year. And I hardly use the system. I am having a laptop. Due which spiders created web inside. On rainy season when there is ample of moisture in air, those webs acted as a source of catching tiny fire on the chips taking the benefit from hot temperature of system.

Due to which sensitive elements are damaged and result in dead board. You have to clean your system and ensure that it remains dust free.

I never thought of that. My Gigabyte board was damaged just due to one of those reason. I am not sure whether it was due to spiders or mice. But somehow there was a nice big burn on it. Also there was lots of dust. It looks somehow if water mix with the dust becomes a hard mixture that can kill sensitive circuit. There must be some kind of protection on the same or else there is no way to get rid of such things. Heat is common you cannot put a ac inside your pc.