Thread: No display on HDMI port on ASUS M2A-VM HDMI

No display on HDMI port on ASUS M2A-VM HDMI

I am using a ASUS board. The model number of the motherboard is ASUS M2A-VM HDMI. When I bought the pc the board came with it. So it is quiet old. I had connected my monitor on the HDMI port and that looks to be working great. But suddenly it stopped working. I am not able to understand the reason behind the same. It stopped working on its own. There was a power failure last night due to which the issue occurred. There is display on the default vga port. I had tested that on a old monitor. My existing monitor is not having vga output. It is having DVI and HDMI only.

Re: No display on HDMI port on ASUS M2A-VM HDMI

It can be due to faulty connector. Carry your board to your nearest ASUS service center. If it is under warranty then you will not have to anything for the same. But if not then they might charge you. I think the issue would be fix if the connector is replaced. You can try cleaning the board if you know about opening your system. That is one of the best way to fix problem like this. Just open the case and wipe out the dust near the connectors. It can be possible that due to dust the connectivity is dropping.

Do not open the case if your system is under warranty. Because if you do that you will loose it. This is one of the most common issue with branded system. You must call the service center for solution. If it is a assembled pc then it is much easier to clean it. Try to replace your hdmi cable. Sometime the problem appear due to cable also. Replacing that will give you a easy way to find out where the problem lies.

Before going for repair you said that you can view the display on a vga port. That means on the default connector. You can go on the official website of ASUS and download the latest bios update. That would be a easier way to fix number of problem in your system. Bios update offers great way to deal with common connectivity issue and if that does not work then you can go for the repair. Because for that you have to disconnect everything and carry the motherboard with you. This would make your job more complicated.

I got a similar issue last time where my HDMI connection was dropping frequently. The screen simply goes blank while working and then connection is restored. There was no issue after that. I changed the cable and did number of things. But later on I found the issue was with monitor. The cable connector on the backside was loose. It worked fine for few months and later I paid for replacing the same. It is working proper. Try to check that whether it is broken or not.