Thread: Gigabyte Z77X- UD3H Mouse keeps freezing

Gigabyte Z77X- UD3H Mouse keeps freezing

My system has Gigabyte Z77X- UD3H and something is wrong with it. For some reason mouse connected to it USB ports keeps on freezing. I have tried connecting it to all the ports by now but I get the same response. It freezes for about 5 to 6 seconds in between every 10 to 15 minutes, it occurs randomly but it’s very irritating, I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the mouse I am using as it works fine when connected to other systems having different board.

Re: Gigabyte Z77X- UD3H Mouse keeps freezing

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling USB drivers?? I am not sure but it seems as if it’s due to driver issue. I don’t think all of a sudden all the ports on your board will allow your mouse to behave like that. So if you haven’t, than try uninstalling and reinstalling USB drivers and let me know if that makes any difference.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling USB drivers quite a few times but that’s not making any difference in my case. I have updated the BIOS to the latest version as well but no avail. I don’t think this issue is because of driver, there is something else that is causing this issue.

I have tweaked about this issue with some of my friends and they are suggesting me to reinstall windows. I don’t mind trying that but I am keeping it as my last option and I want to know if there is anything else that I can try out before reinstalling windows. If yes then please let me know, thanks in advance.

Do you have any other unnecessary USB device connected to your system other than keyboard and mouse??? There are possibilities that other USB devices might be interfering with your mouse and causing it to freeze. So if there is any other unnecessary USB device connected to your system like pen drive or external hard disk, then disconnect them and cross check if your mouse works fine after that.
    If that doesn’t work then there might be something wrong with the board and you will have to get it checked. I don’t think there might be something else that can cause your mouse to freeze for some seconds randomly.

See a better idea will be testing your mouse in safe mode. First of all make sure that your system is up to date with all recommended windows installed, also all your system hardware are up to date with their respective drivers. Ensuring that you can boot in to safe mode, if it works fine in safe mode then you will have to carry out more trouble shooting, if it doesn’t then there might be something wrong with your board for sure.
    xp1800 overclocked to 2.4ghz
    an35n-400u mobo
    256mb of adata ddr500
    maxtor dimondmax8 40gb 7200rpm
    geforce4 ti4400
    52x32x52x16 cd-rw/dvd combo
    Tt 420watt psu

My system is up to date with all recommended windows installed and I have crossed checked and made sure all my system hardware drivers are up to date too. After your suggestion, I have tried booting in to safe mode but unfortunately I am getting the same response. Even I think there is something wrong with the board now. However, I will try reinstalling windows and will post back if that helps. Everything was working fine by now. Don’t know what went wrong with the board suddenly. I have tried performing system restore but no matter what I have tried so far, I am not able to get rid of this mouse freezing issue.

Yes go ahead with re-installation of windows. You have tried out most of the possible solution by now, if there might be any software issue then reinstalling windows will help, if not then as others have mentioned there might be something wrong with your board.