Thread: Gigabyte Z77X UD3H USB 3 driver - Windows 8

Gigabyte Z77X UD3H USB 3 driver - Windows 8

My system have Gigabyte Z77X UD3H Motherboard and I have installed windows 8 yesterday. I did not had any issue in installing windows 8 but now its USB 3 driver are missing. I have checked out for Windows 8 USB 3 driver for the board but it seems as if Gigabyte hasn’t come up with it by now. So I want to know if there is any chance of getting it working somehow.

Re: Gigabyte Z77X UD3H USB 3 driver - Windows 8

As far as I am aware Windows 8 might be having built-in driver for USB 3 ports. I don’t think there is a need to install separate USB 3 driver for your board. Have you tried installing windows 7 USB 3 driver??? I have checked out the Gigabyte site and they do have windows 7 USB 3 driver. If possible try installing the same and check out if your board USB 3 ports work fine after that.

I know Gigabyte is having windows 7 USB 3 driver and I have tried installing it. However, while installing it I am getting an error message saying "no supportable hardware detected". I have tried installing windows 7 USB 3 driver from gigabyte site and via windows update but no luck. I never had any such issue while running windows 7 on my system. It seems as if I will have to wait for Gigabyte to come up with Windows 8 USB 3 driver. I feel like rolling back to windows 7 now, anyways if any one comes across any update on this matter than please let me know.

Windows 7 driver should work out for you, even though you are installing it on windows 8. If you have made sure that you have installed 32 bit or 64 bit driver for your board accordingly than I guess there might be something wrong with your board USB 3 ports and you will have to get it checked. If you still have a doubt than you can contact Gigabyte and address them the issue you are going through.

Have you tried installing Chipset driver for Intel Management Engine Interface and Intel INF installation? If you haven’t than try installing them and cross check if USB 3 ports start working fine after that. According to Gigabyte Windows 8 USB 3 driver should get installed via chipset driver. I am not so sure about it but that’s what I have come across, try it out and post back the result.