Thread: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H motherboard makes beeping sound but windows load normally

Gigabyte Z77X-D3H motherboard makes beeping sound but windows load normally

I have build up a new rig and I have installed windows 7, However something’s wrong with my Gigabyte Z77X-D3H motherboard. Whenever I start my system then it makes beeping noise but windows loads normally. I don’t know why it is making that beeping noise. Can there be something wrong with my board???

Re: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H motherboard makes beeping sound but windows load normally

Beeping sound might be in some pattern, have you tried to hear it properly?? If you haven’t then inspect it now and let me know the beep code pattern so that I can have better idea of the issue you are going through. I will like to inform you that beep codes are for letting a user know that there is something wrong with one of the component in their system. There are different types of beep codes for different component.

Yes it is in some pattern, first I hear a long beep and then I hear a short one. I hear them for a couple of times after that windows loads normally. I also wanted to add that after loading windows when I try t play games than my system gets freeze sometimes.

As far as I am aware long beep and short beep comes up when there is something wrong with Ram. How many ram sticks are you having in your system??? Are they compatible with each other??
    In case you are having more than one ram stick and they are compatible with each other than you can try booting your system with single stick at a time. This will help you to find out if there is anything wrong with the other rams in your system. Just check them up and post back your response for further help, best of luck.

I have tried booting my system with single rams and my system boots up fine without any beeps but when I boot it with all 4 x 2 ram sticks together than it makes beep sound while booting. What did you exactly meant by incompatibility?? I am using 2 x 2 ram stick form my previous system and I have bought 2 more of a different company but all 4 are DDR3. Do you mean to say that rams from different company are incompatible with each other???

No I dint mean that, ram from different companies can worth together but then you need to check out the MHz and its DDR type.

For eg If you get a Kingston DDR2 800MHz 2GB and Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1200MHz 2GB ram than they won’t be compatible with each other.
    If you have one ram than you should get other with same DDR type and MHz.

Thanks for pointing me those things, I dint knew that my old rams were DDR2 and I simply bought new ones of DDR3 type. Anyways I have bought it from one of my locale friend store and I will get 2 new ones of the same types now.