Thread: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Motherboard - Microphone sound is very low

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Motherboard - Microphone sound is very low

My system is running windows 7 and it has Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Motherboard. I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly, whenever I plug my headphone, I get normal sound in headphones but Microphone sound turns up very low. While chatting about this with my friends he told me that there might be something wrong with my motherboard and I will have to get it checked, however before getting it checked I want to know if there is anything that I can try to fix it.

Re: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Motherboard - Microphone sound is very low

Which version of audio driver you are using? Have you tried updating audio driver if your system?? In case if you haven’t than visit gigabyte official site and download and install the latest audio driver for your Motherboard accordingly.
    Make sure that you are doing clean installation of the driver. You can use uninstaller like driver sweeper or any other that you like for uninstalling current audio driver and install the latest one after that.
    I feel sad for people with good imagination.

I don’t think it’s a driver issue, actually I should have mentioned the workarounds I’ve tried so far. My friends had suggested me the same thing, I have installed latest driver manually after downloading it from gigabyte site but that did not made any difference in my case. I have tried restarting my system with headphones plugged in and have unplugged and plugged it many a times but no luck. It was working fine until yesterday and I am just not able to track out the cause of this issue.

I think you just need to change some settings, that’s all !!! Have you tried raising microphone boost? Set microphone boost to max and try raising other audio settings accordingly and let me know if you see any improvement, best of luck.

Yes I have tried setting microphone boost to max but it’s not making much difference in my case. I do get better sound that what I was getting but it’s still very low. I have tried changing all possible audio setting but I am not able to get the clear and loud sound that I was getting before. Can there be anything wrong with my system sound card?? Or there is something wrong with my board itself??? Any further help regarding this will be appreciated.

Since you have mentioned that you are getting proper sound in headphones I don’t think there might be something wrong with your sound card. As far as I am aware if anything goes wrong with sound card than whole audio gets affected and that’s not your case. Do you have extra headphone to cross check your system??? I guess there’s something wrong with your current headphones Microphone and not your main board or sound card. If you don’t have it than arrange one and cross check your system first.