Thread: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe comes up with error 0xE1 (Dr.Debug codes) while resuming from hibernation

Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe comes up with error 0xE1 (Dr.Debug codes) while resuming from hibernation

I have Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard in my system and something is wrong with its hibernation functionality. Whenever I try to resume from hibernation I get error 0xE1 (Dr.Debug codes) and my system gets hanged. I have to simply reboot my system to get out of it. I have checked out regarding this error and haven’t found much information for it. I wasn’t to know if there is anything that I can try to fix it rather than disabling hibernation itself.

Re: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe comes up with error 0xE1 (Dr.Debug codes) while resuming from hibernation

Have you tried updating your bios??? I am not sure but you can give that a try and check out if that makes any difference. I also wanted to know if this issue has started suddenly or it’s since beginning. If it has started suddenly than some recent hardware or software change might be causing it. So try recalling the recent changes you might have made in your system and let me know if you doubt any change.
    I need a better sig...PM me.

Re: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe comes up with error 0xE1 (Dr.Debug codes) while resuming from hibernation

Yes you can try updating bios in this case but before doing that I will suggest you to clear cmos first. There are different methods for clearing cmos but I will suggest you to follow the simplest and the quickest.
    1. Just turn off your system, unplug the power cord, take out the cmos battery from the board, wait for a minute, reseat the battery, connect the power cord and restart your system.
    2. If you are able to reproduce the same issue again than you can go ahead and update your system bios. Just make sure that you are updating it to the latest available.

Not sure but it seems as if there Is something wrong with your psu, I have found some people running in to such issue while resuming from sleep mode and hibernate node. In their case they had to replace their psu to fix this issue. If you are having other working psu around than you can test your system with that, If not than you can borrow one for testing purpose.

As far as hardware changes are concerned I have installed Nvidia GeForce GT 220 and a new psu in my system a month ago. I don’t think there might be anything wrong with psu as it’s quite new and I did not had any issue with my new graphic card until yesterday.
    However I have cleared cmos and have updated my bios after your suggestion but I don’t see any improvement. I can still reproduce the same issue easily. I have overclocked my gpu a bit, can that be a possible cause of this issue?? Any ideas ?

It can be, this is a common issue with P67/H67 board when any overclocking is carried out. I guess you are running in to same path, try downclocking your system and run all components at their stock speed and see if hibernation functionality starts working fine after that. If not than you will have to try out more troubleshooting.

Downclocking fixed the issue, hibernation functionality is working fine now but I want to know what exactly the cause of this issue is?? I mean my Nvidia GeForce GT 220 is capable of getting OC and I have just done a bit of OC for getting better fps in games. Isn’t there any solution by which I can still have my gpu OC and hibernation functionality unaffected??? Currently I have disabled hibernation but I will surely like to know if there is a way to get out of this overclocking and hibernation monopoly.

It can be, this is a common issue with P67/H67 board when any overclocking is carried out. I guess you are running in to same path, try downclocking your system and run all components at their stock speed and see if hibernation functionality starts working fine after that. If not than you will have to try out more troubleshooting.

Downclocking fixed the issue, hibernation functionality is working fine now but I want to know what exactly the cause of this issue is?? I mean my Nvidia GeForce GT 220 is capable of getting OC and I have just done a bit of OC for getting better fps in games. Isn’t there any solution by which I can still have my gpu OC and hibernation functionality unaffected??? Currently I have disabled hibernation but I will surely like to know if there is a way to get out of this overclocking and hibernation monopoly.