Thread: 5 Beeps At Startup In Dell Inspiron N 5110

5 Beeps At Startup In Dell Inspiron N 5110

Hello,

I am using a DELL INSPIRON N5110 , 2nd gen Intel core i5 ,4GB RAM,1GB NVIDIA GT525M graphics card,640GB HDD and Windows 7 Home premium.My laptop was functioning properly for 1 year but I had a serious misfortune last Saturday. My laptop fell down to the tiles floor from my cot ( approx 45cm depth) . After repositioning I tried to boot the laptop which had gone off. It booted with 5 continuous beeps, the sound of which decreases in intensity when the welcome screen appears. But the sound still persists. You know how much annoying is it to have! I did a thorough system checkup and diagnostics which turned out to be normal.All components worked properly, I played FIFA 12 , watched some movies and accessed the internet. The only problem I find is that the caps lock indicator is not working now. I tried to contact the DELL helpline that day itself but I couldn’t reach them as the call got disconnected all the time. When finally I got the line, I told them my problem and they finally told me I’ll have to get my motherboard replaced which will cost INR11,000 . very sadly, my laptop warranty had just expired two days prior to the accident. When I went through various forums and communities, I got an idea to do a battery flea and after that the beep disappeared. Unfortunately the beep came back after sometime, still 5 in number !! I also got an info that there could be some issues with the CMOS battery which can be replaced. I am totally desperate , because after spending a lot of money on the laptop now I’ll have to spend more bucks on it . I need all your help regarding this issue and want your advice in doing that is necessary. I have these set of doubts
    1. Will the CMOS battery replacement resolve my issue ?
    2. Will any other parts of my laptop malfunction in the future?
    3. Will I have to replace my motherboard ?
    4. Can I show my laptop to some local service agency?
    5. Is there any provision to get the motherboard replaced in warranty

Please help me swiftly with your valuable comments
    Regards
    Anees

Re: 5 Beeps At Startup In Dell Inspiron N 5110

not even a single reply after all these days ?? what a forum man ..

Re: 5 Beeps At Startup In Dell Inspiron N 5110

I dont think so that you will need to replace the motherboard since you are able to boot till windows on the laptop and can also play games on it. What I can guess is that either some hardware components like ram or even the CMOS battery could have been loosen up because of the fall, therefore I would first try to reseat each and every other hardware inside the laptop firmly and then try to see if the beep sound still comes up or not.