Thread: Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 front USB ports not working

Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 front USB ports not working

My system is having Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 motherboard and suddenly something went wrong with the front USB ports. They have stopped working all of a sudden and are not detecting any usb device. Back USB ports are working fine. Is there anything that I can do about it? Rather than getting my system checked???

Re: Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 front USB ports not working

It seems as if there is some kind of hardware issue with your usb ports, anyways have you tried uninstalling and installing latest USB drivers? If you haven’t, than you can give that a try and check out if the port works fine after that. I also wanted to know if you have made any recent changes in your system. Such sudden issue mostly occurs due to recent changes, so just try and recall if you have made any hardware of software changes in your system before this issue occurred.

No I haven’t made any hardware changes recently, I have installed some games but I don’t think that there might be anything wrong because of that. I have tried uninstalling and installing latest USB drivers but that’s not making any difference.

You should better check out the port connection form your board to case front panel. There are possibilities that there might be something wrong with the cables or there might be a loose connection.
    If you have extra cables than you can try replacing current ones and test them out. If not, than you can simply unplug and plug them again and perform “Scan for hardware changes” from device manager. Just check out these things and let me know what you find.

Try this and see if it is making any difference:
    Go to Control panel > power options > change plan settings > change advanced power settings > USB settings and disable it
    After that go in to Control panel > device manager > universal serial bus controllers > Right click on each of them and uncheck "allow computer to turn off this device to save power" in power management tab.
    Reboot your system and see if your usb ports start working fine here after.

I have checked out the port connection form board to case front panel and there’s nothing wrong with it. Currently I am not having extra cables to test the ports but I will surely give it a try. I have tried “Scan for hardware changes” from device manager quite a few times after unplugging and plugging the cables but no luck. It’s still not working and recognizing any usb device. Don’t know but after trying out these things even I am thinking that there is some kind of hardware issue with the usb ports, even though I don’t see any instance of hardware fault. I am still not able to make out what might have caused both usb ports in front to stop working suddenly.

Get “USB 2 Port Female A to Motherboard USB header Adaptor (CAB-USB9pin-AM)” if your front panel were usb 2.0 or get “High Speed 2 Ports USB 3.0 Female to Motherboard 20-Pin Male Cable Converter” if they were USB 3.0.
    If at all if you don’t get the working after connecting them to the board than there might be something wrong with your board itself and you will have to get it repaired or replaced.