Thread: ASRock X79 Extreme9 Motherboard freezes randomly

ASRock X79 Extreme9 Motherboard freezes randomly

I have installed ASRock X79 Extreme9 Motherboard in my system recently and since installing it, it has been freezing randomly. I am not able to make out what’s causing it to get freeze, I have checked out all connections and have updated system drivers as well. I was thinking that there was something wrong with windows but I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling windows 7 yesterday itself and had no luck. So now I feel there is something wrong with the board, what do you think guys? Should I replace my board or there’s something I can try out before that???

Re: ASRock X79 Extreme9 Motherboard freezes randomly

I want to know if your system simply freezes frequently or you get some BSOD or error when it freezes?? If yes than make a note of it and post it back so that I can have better idea of your case. Are you doing any kind of overclocking?? You can try running memtest to find out if there is something wrong with your ram.
    the longest journey begins with a single step

No I don’t get any bsod or any error, my system freezes when carrying out any task. When it happens, I have to restart my system to get things working again. I have run memtest and no errors were found, I haven’t tried any kind of overclocking in my system and everything is running at stock. I have inspected my system temperature as well and it stays between 40-43°C. Is there anything else that I need to check?? I just want to get it working as soon as possible as carrying out my day to day task with sudden freeze is getting in my nerves.

Are you using Intel SATA ports?? If you are using anything else than that like Marvell SATA3 than switch it to Intel SATA ports and check if issue continues or not. I have come across people who were facing such issue by connecting their drives in Marvell SATA3, the only thing that had helped them out was connecting their drives to Intel SATA ports. Just try out what I’ve suggested and let me know if that’s making any difference.
    If PrAcTiCe MaKeS pErFeCt AnD nObOdY iS pErFeCt WhY pRaTiCe...ThAtS wHaT pEoPlE mAkE hAcKs FoR

I don’t think connecting drives to Marvell SATA3 should cause any issue as such, I have used my drives connected to Marvell SATA3 previously and I did not had any issue there. Ill suggest you to update you board bios, make sure that you are updating it to the latest available. If not than there might be some fault in your board and you will have to get it replaced. Have you made any changes in bios recently? If yes than revert it back to it default after updating it. For further workaround you can try using some other ram or processor from a working system with your ASRock X79 Extreme9 to check out if there’s actually something wrong with the board or ram or cpu.