Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • ASUS P8Z77 WS

1 100.00%
  • GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3

0 0%

Thread: ASUS P8Z77 WS vs. GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3

ASUS P8Z77 WS vs. GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3

I am planning on building a new PC for myself and I am confused between two motherboards out of which I need to choose one. One motherboard that I seriously liked was the GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 and another motherboard that I liked was Asus P8Z77 WS. But I am confused which one to buy. Can someone help me choosing the better motherboard out of the two that I have mentioned?

Re: ASUS P8Z77 WS vs. GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3

Both the motherboards that you have mentioned are good for use, but none of them are high end motherboards. Also if you want to have a motherboard that will not get old or is able to support latest peripherals for a long time, then none of these motherboards is of this type. If you buy them now, then I’d say that maybe after two years, they will not be compatible to support the latest high end peripherals. But at present, these two motherboards are among the best to use. I don’t know what you budget is, but if you can get a motherboard that will last and support latest peripherals till next four to five years, then I can say that you spent you money well.

If you are building your new computer for the purposes that involves use of heavy graphics and 3D stuff, then I would say that Asus P8Z77 WS is the best motherboard among the two that you have chosen. The reason behind this is that it has good number of PCIe slots which can be used to have three graphic cards and which can be also used in a 3 way SLI for advanced graphics. This feature is of great advantage for a hardcore gamer. This same feature is also available in GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3, but I won’t suggest you to use the 3 way SLI in this motherboard. It won’t give you complete satisfying results.

One of the main factor that you must take into consideration while building a computer is of heat being generated in it. I think if you take a look at this factor, then GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 is great for providing cooling. It has feature to add the water cooling system in it. It has attachments and hooks meant for having flow pipes in place built on it. This feature is missing in Asus P8Z77 WS and I think this will affect you much if you are planning on overclocking your computer. You can use cooling fans and heatsinks, but for attaching water cooling, you will have to take more efforts.

I think that Asus P8Z77 WS is the best motherboard if compared with GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3. It has a good performance and good features in it. I suggest you to use it along with an Ivy Bridge processor. This will give you the maximum performance possible by both of them on the stock settings. Also to add to it, GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 is much more expensive than Asus P8Z77 WS. So if you have limited budget, then Asus P8Z77 WS is the only option you will have.

I think if you want to choose a better motherboard among GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 and Asus P8Z77 WS, check out which motherboard has more PCIe slots for use. The GIGABYTE one has 16 PCIe lanes in it while Asus has 40 PCIe lanes in it. So I think that GA-X79-UD3 might lead to bottleneck if used with certain type of high end hardware. Also GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 is best compatible with Sandy Bridge processor. So according to me, it’s Asus P8Z77 WS which wins the competition. It’s just my opinion, you can change your choice if you need to.