Thread: Need a motherboard with PCI slot to use i7 3770k processor

Need a motherboard with PCI slot to use i7 3770k processor

I want to upgrade my computer with new motherboard and processor. The processor that I have chosen is Intel Core i7 3770k. I need a motherboard which will have PCI slot perfectly compatible with the processor I have mentioned. Does anybody know any such motherboard which I can purchase?

Re: Need a motherboard with PCI slot to use i7 3770k processor

You can try ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional which is good for your need. This motherboard is designed for gaming and thus it can take heavy load on itself. It has a good black and red color scheme which makes it look attractive. It also has some heat sinks which are of large size on it to provide good control over the temperature. Also this motherboard is great if you are an overclocker. This mother board has proved to be best in overclocking and can beat the Gigabyte processors of similar range.

It has more number of USB ports than a general motherboard which can prove beneficial in many cases. Also ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional is known to be one of the motherboard. I suggest you to get it if you need it so urgently.

Though ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional is good in terms of price and features than Gigabyte motherboards; I feel that it is not good as other motherboards manufactured under Z77 series. The performance in this motherboard has been compromised considerably. I have played games using this motherboard and let me tell you that performance was not over the top. It was pretty good, but I don’t think that ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional will be able to handle the games that will release after 3 to 4 years. So I would like to tell you that ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional is good for now, but won’t do well in future.

You can also try ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 for the processor that you have planned to buy. Even this motherboard is good for use along with it. This motherboard has the XFast 555 technology. Using this technology, the motherboard creates a virtual drive dedicated for specific software. This will help to boost the performance of the software by allowing it to create numerous swaps among the files it has. This motherboard also promises of lower latency. I think it will be beneficial for online gaming and other similar activities. ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 will also boost the performance of the games. This will result in better framerate. This is seen even with VSync activated.

ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 is a hybrid version of motherboard which comes between Z68 Extreme 3 and Z68 Extreme 6. Completely balck in color with yellow color in between to give a look of midnight, I say that this motherboard is awesome. This pattern of color for the motherboard helps it to blend with other hardware peripherals easily and beautifully. This motherboard also the UEFI BIOS which is very helpful for installing latest operating systems in it.

One thing I am disappointed about ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 is that it fails to perform as it should after overclocking. There is not much difference between the performances of motherboard after overclocking as compared to its stock performance.

I suggest that you go for Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3. This is one of the most powerful motherboards which can support your Intel Core i7 3770k processor. This motherboard is designed especially for gaming and comes with good technology that can be used for better 3D gaming.

The best part about this Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 is that it comes with dual UEFI. Also this motherboard can provide good control over the power supply and a good management is assured.

The best feature of Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 is that it maintains the voltage so properly that you won’t feel the effect of power surges. If you live in an area where the power supply is inconsistent and fluctuating, then this motherboard is great for your use. Also with the THX sound processor, this motherboard can give you a sound of studio quality. This motherboard provides a front headphone amplifier which is of great use if you are an avid music listener. Gigabyte G1.

Sniper 3 has a good amount of heat pipes on it which are spread on the motherboard such that they reach most of the strategic places easily. Also it has possibilities of having five cooling fans which can provide a good cooling to all the peripherals on it.

I think that Asus P8Z68V Pro is a good motherboard that might help you n your PC. This motherboard is designed to be fast and will work efficiently with Intel Core i7 3770k processor you have. It comes with super-fast integrated memory controller and lower L3 cache which provide good speed for fetching the instructions from the user and sending them over to the designated hardware peripherals. Designed for professional use, this motherboard is best suited for works like video editing and audio editing.

The performance of Asus P8Z68V Pro after being overclocked is also good and can make a good difference. Asus P8Z68V Pro also has quick sync feature which is possible because of SSD caching.

Asus P8Z68V Pro is equipped with smart response feature and Quick Sync. But I doubt that it would be possible to have both the features running together at the same time. Also the price of Asus P8Z68V Pro is just too high and I don’t think that it is justified. I don’t think that you should buy this motherboard until you have a big budget. You will find ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 at much lower price and with better performance than this motherboard.