Thread: Want some help to fit Zalman CNPS 9900 on Asus P8P67 motherboard

Want some help to fit Zalman CNPS 9900 on Asus P8P67 motherboard

As you can find out what my query is actually. My motherboard is Asus P8P67 Pro B3. I want to fit Zalman CNPS 9900 on it. I am new to this. I tried to check the instruction but things went above my mind.

Re: Want some help to fit Zalman CNPS 9900 on Asus P8P67 motherboard

The motherboard that you had mentioned comes with a plate that holds the processor. You have to fix it above that. I am really confused with this fan model.

It is a bit different and doubt this will work on your motherboard or not.

The heatsink will fit on the motherboard. It will work. The heatsink is designed to work with number of motherboards. It support Intel 1156, 1366 and 775 socket. Your is 1155. So this is going to fit well but still I doubt. Ensure that you got the right accessories with it. If there is something missing contact the vendor. Check the image below. The plate above is for holding the cpu. You can't remote it and do not try the same. You can void the board warranty. The heatsink is designed to be placed over hear.

The problem can be the gpu if it is a bit bigger. It can touch the heatsink, but that is not a matter for worry. So you can try using 1366 socket clips to fit the fan over the process. Do not forget to apply thermal paste on both. Try to add the clip properly and screw them on the holes that I had reflected in below image. I hope that would be fitted well. If the clips are bigger in size then you need to contact your vendor to find the right size clip for your board. I hope 1156 components might work well with the cpu fan and motherboard.

I am doubtful about that. But there are chances as the specs of Zalman CNPS 9900 says that it will fit on 1156 socket. There is very less difference among 1155 and 1156. You must have check the specs properly before buying this thing.

Zalman sells LGA Socket 1155 clips. I had seen that on ebay. You need to find that manually or you can simply contact Zalman directly. You can then use that clips to fit the fan properly over the cpu. Check the image below. This are the default components that comes with Zalman CNPS 9900. The four way clip is used to hold the fan firmly on board. One is fixed on the motherboard which covers the upper part over socket after when cpu is fitted and locked. Second clip is attached to the lower end of fan. And third one is used to fix them both together. The fitting is very important.

The kit comes with a thermal paste of good quality which offers you maximum cooling support. It is a nice big fan. I agree that setting up the fan is a bit tricky on different boards. Also I want to notify one more things here. There is a plastic band over the fan. You have to remove that before putting. Do not think that comes with the fan itself. It will block the airflow. The official website of Zalman provides you a installation method also in video mode. If you are still doubtful about the same I will recommend you to watch that once.

There are number of videos on YouTube that can help you for the setup and configuration of this cpu fan. I found it is a bit more helpful and the tutorials are better. You must check the component list properly.

Compared to AMD the setup for Intel is complicated. I had seen on two components One AMD Clip and One AMD Clip Lever given only for AM2+/AM2/754/939/940 sockets. That is quiet easy to fix. While for Intel there are bit higher number of parts. It is right that you need a video tutorial for fixing it out. You can't just do that on assumptions. If the fan is not fitted properly it might get damaged. There are issues with clips that fits best on the socket.I assume there are ample of support available if you are willing to buy the one for your motherboard. Whenever you purchase a cpu fan you must ensure what socket it supports. Zalman has official website that offers you detailed information on the heatsink along with configuration video on the same.

There is a component image on the above post. You can see a silver and black clips there with four screws on the edges. One is fixed on the motherboard over the cpu You can try to fit that manually and if it does not sit well it is not going to work. You cannot forcefully try to put the clips over the board. The fan can be damaged.

The fan has component for 1156 and your socket 1155. You can use it. I am too using a cpu heatsink that does not fit my existing socket. This heatsink comes with traditional clips which work quiet well on any motherboard.

I will recommend you to change that if it is not going to work. Do not remove any plate of component from your motherboard. That can effect other stuff also. I hope it will be possible for you to collect a replacement for that. Or else as said above you can also buy a suitable component for your processor. Other than Zalman there are other sellers also who provide the same thing.

They give you clips for the relative socket on which you can fit almost any type of fan. That is the best option I think will work for you.