Thread: ASUS P8Z77M PRO everytime wants me to reset CMOS to boot

ASUS P8Z77M PRO everytime wants me to reset CMOS to boot

I have bought ASUS P8Z77M PRO recently and have installed it in my system. Something weird is going on with it, it doesn’t start when I press power button and doesn’t responds at all. The only thing that’s helping is resetting its cmos, after resetting cmos system boots up fine but I can’t keep doing that every time. I wanted to know what might be causing this, can there be something wrong with my new board?

Re: ASUS P8Z77M PRO everytime wants me to reset CMOS to boot

I think either there is something wrong with the cmos battery of your board or something wrong with bios. I will suggest you to first updated your board bios to the latest and check out if that’s making any difference. You can get latest available bios form ASUS official site. If updating bios doesn’t help then you can try changing cmos battery and test your system. I am not sure but I think one of these solutions should fix your issue, best of luck.

I have tried updating the bios to the latest and have replaced cmos battery as well but no avail, I am still getting same response from it. I have tried clearing cmos by taking out the battery from the board and clearing jumper as well but these things just work fine for single boot. Just to be at safer side I have checked out all connections and have tried reseating all components on board but it doesn’t appear as if there is anything wrong with it. I will like to know if there is anything that I can try out further rather than getting the board checked. Further help regarding this will be appreciated.

I think that there is something wrong with one of your board components in your case. To check out the same I will suggest you to run asus pc diagnostic and find out if all components are passing the test or not. If at all you are not able to find anything suspicious in the test then better get your board checked. I don’t think there is anything else that you will be able to try out further. Let me know if you get success in fixing this issue with any other workaround rather than getting it checked and repaired from the service center.