Thread: What factors can corrupt my Bios ?

What factors can corrupt my Bios ?

My system is having Gigabyte 870a-ud3, I have been using it since 4 months and since last month I am undergoing weird issue with it. It started giving me Bsod’s, later after carrying out some workarounds I was able to fix it by updating bios. I don’t know how my bios had got corrupted. Things were fine for a week after updating bios but later it again started coming up with Bsod’s. So I again re-flashed the bios and it worked well, this same thing had occurred 4 time this month, every time I have to reflash the bios to get rid of bsod’s. I don’t know what is causing my bios to get corrupted, I just wanted to know that What factors can Corrupt my Bios, so I can take care of it and avoid bsod’s in future?

Re: What factors can corrupt my Bios ?

There are three reasons because of which one gets a BIOS error, they are as follows:
    • Corrupt BIOS
    • Missing BIOS
    • Badly configured BIOS

Bios can get corrupted if there is virus in your computer, you should not reflash bios again and again rather you should try updating it if you face any error because of it. BIOS error can also occur if you change BIOS parameters to some incorrect value. In your case I think it is because of virus. Just wanted to know if you are using antivirus in your system? If not then get a recommended one and run a through scan and see if that’s helping.

In that case you can use any of the below antivirus, they are recommended ones and you can download their trail version for free.
    • Avira Free Antivirus 2012
    • AVG Anti-Virus Free 2012
    • Comodo Antivirus 2012
    • avast! Free version 6.0
    • Ad-Aware FREE Internet Security 9.0

These antiviruses have been voted as best antivirus for 2012, personally I will suggest you to go with AVG Anti-Virus Free 2012. I have been using the same and it is quite capable of protecting my system from viruses.

There are possibilities that your board cmos battery might have got corrupted or there might be something wrong going on with it. First try clearing cmos and see if it helping you out. There are different methods for clearing bios but you can try out simplest of them all. you simply have to turn off your system, unplug the power cord, take out the battery from your board, wait for some seconds, reseat everything and turn it on again. If clearing the cmos doesn’t make any difference in your case then you can try replacing the cmos battery itself.