Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-08-2012

Error "One or more fans appear to have stopped" on Intel DP67BG

I am getting an error message saying ?One or more fans appear to have stopped" on Intel DP67BG Motherboard. I am having PWM fan to the CPU header and I have made sure that there is nothing wrong with the connection, I have tried reseating it as well but I don?t know why I am getting that error message every time. I can ignore that error message by hitting enter but I want to know if I can get rid of this error message??
Old 21-08-2012

Re: Error "One or more fans appear to have stopped" on Intel DP67BG

I wanted to know if you have checked out Fan Control and HW Monitoring in bios to make sure that the fan is connected properly and is reporting speed accordingly as well. You can check tat out by Going in to BIOS setup utility > Configuration > Fan Control and HW Monitoring.

If you don?t see it reporting correct fan speed then you can try connecting some other PWM fan to make sure that there is nothing wrong with your current fan header.
Old 21-08-2012

Which is your current bios version? I have checked out the official site and have found the below one to be the latest:

File name:
BG2209P.BIO
Version: 2209
Date: 07/17/2012
Size: 6.58 MB
Operating Systems: OS Independent, Windows 7 (32-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows Vista 32, Windows Vista 64, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Professional.

You can try updating your bios to the latest and check out if you are able to get rid of that error message.
Old 22-08-2012

I have checked out in BIOS setup utility > Configuration > Fan Control and HW Monitoring and it is reporting zeroes for all the fan speeds. I don?t know why it is reporting zeroes when I can see the fans running. I have tried updating bios to the latest version i.e. Version: 2209 and have loaded bios default as well but that doesn?t seem to take any effect. I am still getting that error message every time while booting. I am not able to make out the cause of the issue, since I have tested out 2 PWM fan fans I am getting a feeling that here is something wrong with the CPU header. Is there anything else that can cause this issue? Any further help regarding this will be appreciative.
Old 22-08-2012

I am not sure if this will work but I will suggest you to clear cmos, there are different mentioned for clearing the cmos but I will suggest you to try out the simplest of them all. Just turn off your system, unplug power cord from your board, take out the battery, wait for some 30 seconds, reseat everything and turn on your system again. If you still see bios to be reporting zeroes for all fan speeds, then you will have to get your board checked, there might be something wrong with the CPU header as you have guessed.
Old 22-08-2012

I think there is something wrong with the bios and not the cpu header of the fan header, I mean if there was something wrong with the cpu header or the fan header than how will the fan work? You have mentioned that you can see the fan working but bios is reporting fan speed as zero. If it is really that then I will suggest you to wait for bios update further and report this issue on intel?s official site. I have come across some people facing similar issue, if intel support might be aware of this issue then they might have or they might be planning to coming up with further update for fixing this issue. In both cases contacting intel seem to be a better idea, if you still think that there is something wrong with CPU header then you can get it checked any time.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , ,