Thread: Error "Post Code 67" on Intel DX79SI

Error "Post Code 67" on Intel DX79SI

I have been trying to install Kingston KHX1600 C9D3P1K 2x 4 GB on Intel DX79SI but I am running in to serious issue now. I mean whenever I am trying to boot my system with 2x 4 GB all together than I am getting Error "Post Code 67". It seems to be related to ram and I have confirmed the same, I have tried booting the system with two rams and I am not having any issue with that but when I am trying to add third ram then I get Error "Post Code 67". I wanted to if this might be an issue with the ram that I am having or there might be something wrong with the board? Any ideas?

Re: Error "Post Code 67" on Intel DX79SI

It’s hard to come to any point like that, I wanted to know if you have tested out all the rams individually? If not then try that out first and see if all of them are working fine or not, there are possibilities that there might be something wrong with the other ram that you are trying to add.

If you find then working fine individually then you can try seating then in different slots in different orders. If you get same response from then you should check them out in other working machine to confirm if there is something wrong with the rams or the board itself. Try out things I have suggested and let me know the result you get.

Hey YajasK thanks for your quick reply, actually I have tested out all those things and that’s why I am not able to make out if there is something wrong with the board or the ram. I have tried seating rams in different slots in different order but no matter what when I am adding more than 2 rams than I get Error "Post Code 67" while booting. I have tested out the rams in other working machine and have encountered same error there as well.

I don’t think there is something wrong because I have found them working fine individually, I am pretty confused right now. Is there anything else that I need to check out to get my 16 gb ram working all together?

Before I suggest you any workaround, I want you to post your system specification so that I can have better idea of whole scenario? Let me know your current bios version as well.

Motherboard: Intel Desktop Board DX79SI
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3960X
    Memory: Kingston KHX1600 C9D3P1K 2x 4 GB
    Video Card: Nvidia GTX 560 2GB PCI Express 2.0 X 16
    Bios - Version: 0494

That’s weird now, I mean when they are working individually then why they are not working altogether, I think they might need more voltage, just try increasing memory voltage and System Agent Voltage and see if that’s helping you out. I have found some people mentioning that increasing these things had helped them out for similar issue. Other than that make sure that you are installing latest bios for your board as well, I have checked out official site of Intel and I see some newer version of bios available so just update to the latest one to be at the safer side. If at all you don’t get any help from these solutions then better get you board checked, I can’t think of any other solution that might help you in this case.