Thread: Z77 chipsets HDD controller error

Z77 chipsets HDD controller error

I have a Z77 chipset in my computer which is attached to Intel DZ68DB motherboard. I don’t know why it is giving this weird error. This is the first time I am seeing some error like this. It is generating random 1 bit error for every 1 GB of data read or writes from the hard drive. This is leading to corruption of data on my computer especially when zipping or unzipping some data in my computer. It is giving me a big log of errors which is out of my understanding. Can someone tell me what the problem can be?

Re: Z77 chipsets HDD controller error

I think that this problem can be related to the processor that you are using in your computer. In your case, it is Z77 processor which must have a bad hard drive controller on it. To make sure that there is no problem with the hard drive, try using it with other motherboards to. If it is giving the same error, then you will need to change the hard drive. This problem is regarding the data integrity which is not happening in a proper way on Z77 processor. You can try disabling the CPU c3/c6 states from the BIOS and install fresh Windows operating system on it.

Re: Z77 chipsets HDD controller error

I will suggest you to check the RAM too as it can cause such problems too. Many times it happens that there is some mismatch between the frequencies of RAMs. You can try using the Memtest and Prime95 to check if the RAM is working properly or not. If you are using many RAM sticks in your computer, for example, 4 X 2 GB = 8 GB or 4 X 4 GB = 156 GB, then maybe one out of four RAMs must be creating problems. Maybe because of a faulty RAM stick, the hard drive controllers on the processor are getting messed giving you certain problems.