Thread: UEFI bios U1g Update for Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 v1.3

UEFI bios U1g Update for Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 v1.3

I was planning to update my Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 v1.3 Motherboard bios to new UEFI bios U1g but I’ve come across people having issues with it. Some has mentioned that it is being worked on and likely to be fixed with further updates soon. So I haven’t updated the bios and waiting for its further update. Anyways I wanted to know is the procedure of installing UEFI bios U1g Update is same as that of previous ones or it’s different. I mean can I update it using QFlash?

Re: UEFI bios U1g Update for Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 v1.3

Yes even I have heard that UEFI bios U1g is being worked, I wanted to add that people who overclock their system are having issues with it and not others. If you are not overclocking your system then you can very well update to UEFI bios U1g for now. You won’t face any issue with it. Some of the areas as per overclocking in UEFI bios U1g need to be tuned up. That’s why it is being worked on further. I also wanted to add that installation of UEFI bios U1g is different, you won’t be able to update to it using QFlash rather you will have to use Bootable USB pendrive and use FLASHEFI.EXE program in DOS for flashing the BIOS. UEFI bios U1g is AMI BIOS it needs to be installed using Bootable USB pendrive, you can only use QFlash for installing its future updates further.

Re: UEFI bios U1g Update for Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 v1.3

So it seems I will have to wait for their further updates for UEFI bios U1g, actually I do overclock my cpu. Anyways Thanks for sharing about UEFI bios U1g, I wanted to know if there will be performance gain after installing UEFI bios U1g or it will just have better UI? If there won’t be any performance gain then I don’t think there might be any point in updating to this new AMI BIOS rather I will stick to Award BIOS. What do you have to say on that?