Thread: Gigabyte G1 Assassin 2 hangs resuming from sleep

Gigabyte G1 Assassin 2 hangs resuming from sleep

My system is having Gigabyte G1 Assassin motherboard and I am running windows xp on the same and I don’t know what’s going wrong. Whenever my system is resuming from sleep it is getting hang at the welcome screen. I have encountered bsod's frequently as well, I have tried rebooting my system a number of times but no matter what it just gets hang while resuming from sleep. Is there anything I can try out to fix this issue?

Re: Gigabyte G1 Assassin 2 hangs resuming from sleep

This issue seems to be because of your hard drive, can you let me know how many drives are you have connected in your system? Are you overclocking your system? Are you having all the latest updates installed?

To what you have set your controller, is it ahci or something else? Just check out these things first and let me know so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will suggest you possible solutions for fixing the issue.

I am having 2 x 500Gb Samsung drives, I am not doing any kind of overclocking, I have set the controller to ahci and have updated the bios recently as well. I am it sure but I think this is some kind of driver issue, I had checked regarding the same and some people had suggested me to reinstall windows xp and install vga from nvidia. Today morning I have tried reinstalling windows and have installed 680 ver. 301.42 from Nvidia but the issue still exists. I have tried setting the controller to ahci as well as ide but no luck, I am getting the same response. Is there anything else that I need to check out??

Seems you are running in to the same issue that I was running before, in my case I was having 2 x 2Tb western digital drive as well as 2 x 500Gb Samsung driver. I had contacted Gigabyte and they had suggested me to clear cmos, load optimised defaults , set marvell controller to ide and intel controller to raid and install windows 7 with F6 Intel raid driver along with chipset and vga drivers. I did exactly what they had mentioned but after performing all of the above I rebooted my system and things were appearing fine.

Later as soon as I forced my system to go in to sleep mode to test than I encountered the same freezing at welcome screen. I was just so pissed, I had tried out all the possible solutions that I could have and but never had any luck with this useless board. Recently I have bought a new Asus Rampage IV Formula X79 motherboard and it is just working great, I haven’t faced a single issue since installing it.

I will suggest you to better try out marvell raid driver for your drives rather than intel raid driver and see if that’s ending the issue. I am not sure but I have come across some people who had faced similar issue and had mentioned that there was something wrong with intel raid driver. According to them intel raid driver was not able to re-initialise after resuming from sleep because of which the system was getting freeze. So just install marvell raid driver for your drives and let me know if that’s making any difference in your case.

You can very well try out installing marvell raid driver for your drives but if that doesn’t help then try installing this beta bios 12a. and set marvell chip to ide having your boot drive connected to it. This bios has been released by Gigabyte to fix this issue. I am quite sure this should work out for you as a number of people had mentioned that this updated bios had fixed similar issue in their case. If at all you face any issue further then you can feel free to ask.