Thread: GIGABYTE G1.Guerrilla error "Open driver handle failure"

GIGABYTE G1.Guerrilla error "Open driver handle failure"

My system is running on windows 7 and is having GIGABYTE G1.Guerrilla motherboard but whenever I am trying to install easytune6 then I am getting an error message saying "Open driver handle failure!!" . I don’t know what’s wrong, I have tried installing it several times but I am getting the same error message again and again. I wanted to know if there is anything I can try out to install easytune6 in my system without any such issue??

Re: GIGABYTE G1.Guerrilla error "Open driver handle failure"

Before I suggest you something regarding this I wanted to know if your system is up to date, I mean have you install recommended updates by your windows, and if not than first install the recommended updates and see if that is making any difference. I am not sure if that will help but that’s the very first thing that you need to try out in such cases, best of luck.

Yes my system is up to date, I have been installing all of the recommended updates timely. I don’t know if this is an issue with easytune6 or some kind of compatibility issue with my system. I have checked regarding the error and have found some people facing the same issue but there hasn’t been any effective solution that I could try out.

Is there anything else that I need to check out or a way by which I can install easytune6 successfully?

Which version of bios you are having installed? Have you updated it recently? If not then check out GIGABYTE and get the latest bios for your board and install the same. After installing the latest bios make sure that you are loading optimized defaults and rebooting your system.

You should also try installing latest version of easytune6 to be at the safer side. I am aware that easytune6 is a utility of GIGABYTE and I see latest version of these utilities available at its official site.

I have installed latest version of easytune6 from gigabyte site which is Easy Tune6 (Intel)- Version:B12.0801.1- Date:2012/08/01. I haven’t used this utility before and this is first time I have tried installing it. I have tried updating the bios to the latest as well but no avail. I am still welcomed with the same error message when I am trying to install EasyTune6. I have also tried closing other applications running in the background including my antivirus thinking that some other application might be getting interfered with it.

No matter what I have tried so far, I am not able to get rid of this error message and proceed with the installation. I have tried out all the possible solution that I could have but no luck yet. I am literally running of ideas now. Any further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Are you having Intel service hkcmd.exe enabled in your system? If you are not aware of that then check it out in service and enable it if it is disabled and try installing Easy Tune6 and see if you are able to get rid of the error or not. If at all you face any issue further then post your system specification in your next reply so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are going through and will try to help you with possible solution for it.