Thread: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 reboots frequently

unsure Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 reboots frequently

I have bought Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 motherboard and have installed the same in my system. I did not had any issue in installing it and I have installed all the required drivers for it. Don’t know what is going wrong with it these days and I have found it getting reboot frequently on its own, I am not able to track out the cause of it sudden reboot, I wanted if this is because of some software issue or hardware? Any ideas?

Re: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 reboots frequently

Sudden reboot points more toward hard ware fault, have you tried basic trouble shooting like reseating components of the board? If not then try that out and see if that’s making any difference. If not then try swapping your ram slots, check out your power supply and make sure that it is working fine, check if there is any overheating issue as well.

I have tried out swapping ram in different slots and after your suggestion I have reseated everything and have checked out all the connection as well but I don’t see any difference. My system is still getting rebooted frequently, it doesn’t occurs when I am carrying out any specific task but it occurs any time, sometimes when I am browsing, playing game or carrying out my day to day task.

I have inspected the temp of my cpu and I don’t think there is any symptom of overheating. I am not sure but I think that there is something wrong at the software end and not hardware, just wanted to know if reinstalling windows can help?

Can’t say but if you are not having any issue in reinstalling windows then you can go for it. I have come across people who have faced this issue and almost everyone were having some kind of problem with their components like cpu , ram and psu.

If you are having a working machine around then you can check out these components in that and find out if there is actually a hardware fault in your case or not. If you find these components to be working fine in other system then you can go ahead with re-installation of windows. If possible try out what I have suggested and post back the result you get so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing.

Yes I agree to Kane, Sudden reboot points more toward hardware fault. I think there might be something wrong going on with your hard drive, ram or cpu. You should first check out these components in some other working machine as suggested above. I think that will be a better idea rather than simply reinstalling windows.

There are possibilities your system might have got affected by some kind of virus which might be getting triggered while you carry out your day to day task. If you are using antivirus then run a through scan and see if the issue is getting solved, if you are having any antivirus installed then you can use any of these recommended ones:
    • AVG Anti-Virus
    • avast!
    • Microsoft Security
    • Comodo Antivirus
    • Avira AntiVir

You can get their free trial version from their official sites.

Below are the things that can cause your system to reboot frequently:
    • Virus or Malware
    • Loose Connection of Hardware Cables
    • Old CMOS Battery
    • Overheating
    • Hardware issue which inludes ram, cpu, hard drive , psu

Since you have mentioned that you have checked out the connection and you are quite sure there is no overheating issue. I will suggest you to run a through scan, if your antivirus doesn’t find any Virus or Malware then try replacing the CMOS Battery. If you still don’t have any luck then you will probably have to test your ram, cpu, hard drive, psu in other working system to find out if there is something wrong with any of the component.

You can try out clearing cmos and updating bios after that. For clearing cmos you just have to unplug the power cord from your system, take out eh battery from the board, wait for some minutes, reseat the battery, plug the power cord again and turn on your system. If the issue continues then you should replace your CMOS Battery and update your motherboard bios after that.