Thread: Is Intel Haswell processor good for gaming?

Is Intel Haswell processor good for gaming?

As title says, I just wanted to know whether Haswell processor will be good for gaming or not. Actually like some other peoples around , I am at the verge of either getting intel i7 processor or waiting for Haswell. I am not that in to overclocking and better gaming is all my concern. So is there anyone who can let me know which one will be good for gaming from i7 processor and Haswell processor??

Re: Is Intel Haswell processor good for gaming?

I think you should better wait for Haswell processor, the reason why I am saying so is because Haswell processor are said to be good for gamers and not for overclockers. I have gone through a number of articles and have found most of people mentioning that Haswell processor won’t be able to knock out i7 processor as far as overclocking is concerned but many have agreed that Haswell processor will provide better gaming experience than i7 processor. Sources say that compared to its previous processors Haswell will be 40 percent better for graphics and gaming. Haswell processor laptop will have more battery life as compared to i7 processor which again seems to be a better choice for gamers.

I really don’t think so nor I will suggest you to wait for Haswell processor, I don’t think that it will be getting released on the mentioned date as well. There is no point of waiting, rather I will suggest you to get an ivy bridge processor and get the best gaming experience.

As far as I am aware ivy bridge processors are the best processor for gaming by now, so you can get them without a doubt. Who knows haswell will be better or not until it’s out. In my case I am having Intel Core i7-3770K and I am quite satisfied with it, no matter if it is about gaming or overclocking, it is best for them all.

I completely agree to you on that point, currently I am having core i5- 2700k in my system and it works great. I have asked the same question to a number of experts and most have suggested me to go with Intel Core i7-3770K rather than waiting for Haswell processor.

First of all I will like to know your system specification? Just let me know about it so that I can have a better idea of your situation and will suggest you the best option accordingly. If you are already having core Intel Core i5-2500K or above then I don’t think there is any point in updating it to Intel Core i7-3770K if you are getting it for gaming.

I really don’t think Intel Core i7-3770K will make much difference compared to Core i5-2500K at stock while gaming. I will suggest you to wait and get Haswell processor if you are not in hurry, they will be surely better for gaming as well as overclocking.

Sandy Bridge GPUs has been knocked down already by AMD Llano GPU. Even though intel cpu is powerful amd provides better framerates. Amd really has a big gpu advantage. When it is about gaming then intel gpu is half of what amd gpu delivers. Haswell will not be new gpu architecture but it is enhanced in a way haswell shader will be leading ivy shader. There will be 3 variants of haswell graphics GT1, GT2, and GT3 where GT3 will be 2.5x faster as Ivy Bridge, 2x faster as Sandy Bridge and so. Haswell GT3 will be the fastest integrated GPU hardware ever. So even I will suggest you to wait and get Haswell rather than updating to Intel Core i7-3770K.