Thread: My PC is running very slow even after several formats.

idea My PC is running very slow even after several formats.

Hi Guys,

My system has become very slow all of a sudden. Before this, it used to restart often. as usual I thought it is RAM problem and removed my RAM and replaced with my spare RAM. it didn't fix anything. It got so screwed up that it was not allowing to format properly , even in the middle of the format[installing XP] it used to restart. later I removed my graphic card and applied thermal paste to my CPU. Temperature seems fine but it has become very slow. I can't figure out what exactly is the problem. is it RAM ???, RAM port ??? , Motherboard ?? CPU ??!! GPU ??!!! or not enough power from SMPS ??!! I don't know you guy have to tell me what exactly is the problem.

I've given my GPU and RAM to my friend to test in his PC !! may be this weekend he will test and tell me. I don't think it's something to do with GPU coz even without GPU, it has become slow [of course it is not restarting now].

I can't figure out where exactly is the problem so that I can fix it. can some one give me some clue about what's going wrong with my PC. any suggestions are gladly welcome.

by-the-way... my system config is as follows.

CPU : Intel core 2 duo 1.80 GHz
    RAM : DDR2, 2GB + 1GB Transcend
    SMPS : Frontech 450W volts
    GPU: 8600 GT 512MB

as I'm ran out of options , I'm running Disk Defragmenter I don't think it's going to fix anything.. but I don't know what else try !!!!!

Re: My PC is running very slow even after several formats.

Well, do you get any error message when your system restarts or after that? If it is a hdd formatting problem, then the issue could be the hard drive, try to do a chkdsk /r in commad prompt. Also try to format hard drive within windows login and see if that gives any sort of error. Also go into bios and check the hardware monitor tab to find out how much is the 3.3v and 12.0v status are, cause if it is below then it is a psu problem.