Thread: Want to know Stock VCore Voltage of Intel Core i5-750

Want to know Stock VCore Voltage of Intel Core i5-750

I want to overclock my processor to enhance the performance of my computer. I am not an overclocker and I don’t know how exactly it is done. So I asked my friend to do it. I phoned to ask him to do it at my place and he asked me about the VCore Voltage of my processor, that is, Intel Core i5-750. I am not much into hardware and other things of the computer, so I searched on Google to find the VCore voltage of my Intel Core i5-750, but didn’t get proper value. On one website it was mentioned that it is 1.25 V, somewhere 1.20 V and somewhere it is mentioned as 1.10 V. Can someone tell me which one is the accurate value for VCore voltage?

Re: Want to know Stock VCore Voltage of Intel Core i5-750

Actually, the VCore voltage of any processor is decided by the motherboard on which it is attached on. The value will change from one motherboard to another. Since VCore voltage is related to power supply, it is handled by motherboard rather than processor. So if you saw different values for VCore on different websites, then it is right because different people with different motherboards but same processor must have written the respective article. So in your case, it must be different as you must be using a completely different motherboard.

Re: Want to know Stock VCore Voltage of Intel Core i5-750

Another simple way of finding the VCore temperature of your processor is by reading the manual. In the manual of Intel Core i5-750 processor, find the part where VID of the processor is mentioned. VID id the range of voltage in which the processor will operate. Since range doesn’t specify the accurate value, you will also need to tell the temperature of your PC when you are running some heavy process or software on it. If your friend is a regular overclocker, he will find the exact VCore voltage of your processor.