| || |
Join Date: May 2011
Re: Downgrading ASUS P8P67 Deluxe REV 3.0 Bios
Yes, you are right. You will definitely get the best guidance for downgrading your BIOS. And I am the one who will help you in this. Just note down pre-downgrade instructions followed by the main steps of downgrading.
- The first things you need to do is download and install Asus AI Suite in your computer from internet. Select the module you need to install (Select Asus Update)
- Also download AMIFLASH Bios Utilities
- For extracting the BIOS files at some location you need to create a folder in your computer. Better create the folder on your desktop and name it as simple as possible. You can extract the BIOS files in that created folder. Name the folders as BIOS folder
- Now, Open AMIFLASH zip, inside search for AFUWIN32 and AFUWIN64. You might get them from amiflash\aptio
- Remember that amongst those files you need to extract only one into the folder that you created by yourself on your desktop. Again note that you need to just extract only one file which matches your OS architecture.
- Now here start the main steps for downgrading. Open AFUWIN32 or AFUWIN64 whichever is present in your case. The one which you have extracted.
- Now just follow the instruction as accordingly that is suggested to you. in between the steps you will also get a window with three tabs and in the Instruction tab you will get your bios characteristics described
- In the same window you will also see some options at the bottom of the page. Just Click on Open and from there choose the BIOS ROM file
- After you select your BIOS ROM file, in the same information tab you will also get ROM file details along with your BIOS Details
- Now select the next Tab i.e. the Setup Tab there in the Block option Check on “Program All Blocks”. That’s it.
- It’s time to click on the next common option called “Flash”. You may find this option next to “Open”. Let the software to Flash and continue with its work (it may take some time and also your machine may respond weirdly. Do not worry, let things go on)
- You may find NVRAM, BootBlock, Main Bios Image and the Non-critical Blocks getting flashed. If everything done successfully then its fine but if you find your Non-Critical Blocks fails to get updated or verified still I would say do not worry, it is comman. Mostly it happens that while flashing everything goes smooth only the Non-Critical Blocks fails to follow the procedure. Let it be just Exist from there
- Here comes the job of your installed Asus AI Suite load it and choose Asus Update option
- There will be four option present over there just click on Update BIOS from File and Click Next
- Now again choose the extracted BIOS files that you saved in your BIOS folder (AFUWINxxxx). You need to browse to select the file (Browse option is present there)
- Once selected Click on Yes and let the PC to reboot. The option YES is chosen to allow the system to reboot in order to apply the changes
- Just after the reboot process you will successfully see the current flashed version
Done with the procedure. Now you need to do the cleaning process i.e. Clear your CMOS and load the setup Defaults. Your Asus Board is downgraded.