Thread: Bios update from 039 to 045 fails on Intel DZ77GA-70K

Bios update from 039 to 045 fails on Intel DZ77GA-70K

This the first time I am ever trying to update my board’s BIOS but it’s very unfortunate to see that the update is failing all the time. My board is of Intel and the model is DZ77GA-70K. The current BIOS update is 039 and I am trying to update it with 045. Tried my best to update the board but don’t know for what reason I am getting a weird error code which is obviously not understandable by me. The error code is 0x8000000000000000000015, 1527. Trust me the digits are so huge that I am not even able to make out what exactly they are trying to indicate. The problem is not just with the upgrade but also with the downgrade process. Believing that at least I will be able to downgrade the BIOS, when I tried the procedure for downgrading to 035 it didn’t work at all. Surely there is something wrong with the current BIOS which is neither getting upgraded nor getting downgraded.

Re: Bios update from 039 to 045 fails on Intel DZ77GA-70K

Other than that error that you are getting I am also getting some error message saying that "Flash update failed!" and "Updating Intel Management Engine [failed!]". However I understood the error message but technically I didn’t get what it is trying to point out.

The reason I am trying to update the BIOS in my case is because of the USB panel issue. My USB 3 Front Header is working well and someone told me that with updating the BIOS of the board I will be able to resolve the problem but now from the time I started updating the BIOS it feels like I am in a huge mess. My error is also almost similar to yours. I guess the only possible thing that I could do is try to get some other solution for getting the USB port working.

There are two things I would like to suggest both of you. As far as I can understand you people’s problem is nowhere different. Both are sailing on the same boat so definitely solution for your problems should be same.

• You can give a try with updating the BIOS from windows. Or if possible try some other alternate way that you know. Mostly updating with the BIOS with windows solved the problem. Already my problem has been solved the same way (USB 3 front issue).
    • if possible on your motherboard check the BIOS related jumper. Make sure that you note down the position of it.

I really do not have any idea what exactly resolved my problem but the fact is that right now I am running my BIOS with ver 045. Yes, I did update it normally from ver 039.

When I was facing problem with the update I was really frustrated and with that frustration I simply opened up my computer case and removed everything out of it. Didn’t keep anything attached to the broad, whatever was removable I simply detached it with the board then clean everything and then did BIOS recovery with some trial and error. And now when I updated the BIOS I was smoothly able to update it without any issue. as I said I truly have no idea what exactly resolved the issue but just know that doing a BIOS recovery with pulling everything out resolved the problem.