Thread: Error message "Can't detect tpm device" on Asus M2N68-AM PLUS

OMFG Error message "Can't detect tpm device" on Asus M2N68-AM PLUS

I have bought Asus M2N68-AM PLUS recently and I have installed it in my system but while posting I get an error message saying "Can't detect tpm device". I don’t know what’s wrong, is there a way by which I can enable tpm device?? Has anyone faced the same and is aware of a workaround to fix it?? I want to get rid of this error message as soon as possible, so any help regarding this issue will be highly appreciated.

Re: Error message "Can't detect tpm device" on Asus M2N68-AM PLUS

I am not very sure but have you checked out in the bios to see if there is any option for enabling tpm device or getting it recognized?? Just check it out and let me know if you find it. If possible try out updating the bios to the latest and see if the issue is getting solved after that.

I have checked out for the option in bios and I have not come across any option for enabling tpm device. I have tried updating the bios as well and even after that I am getting the same error message. The error message does not appear every time but it appears randomly while posting. The system gets hanged at that time and I have to reboot the system couple of times to get rid of the error message. Other than this I have tried clearing the cmos by taking out the battery from the board but have not got any luck with it yet. Once the system boots up fine without the error message then I don’t have any issue with the further functionality. Is there anything else that I can try out further to get rid of this error message??

First of all I will like to know if your board is having any TMP device installed on it or not?? If it does then there should be an option in bios for enabling it. Just reboot your system Press F2 for entering the BIOS. Make sure that you are pressing F2 while ASUS logo appears. Once you get into bios select Security > Trusted Computing and there should be an option for Enable/Disable the TPM device. So try enabling and disabling the same and make sure that you are saving the changes before exiting. After that reboot the system and see if you are getting the same error message again or not. If you don’t get the option for enabling and disabling TMP device in bios then assuming that you have tried out clearing the bios and updating the bios I will suggest you to contact Asus support for the same.

I have now checked out in Security > Trusted Computing under bios and I really cannot find out that option. I don’t think my Asus M2N68-AM PLUS is having TMP device installed on it. So the question that comes to my mind is, when the motherboard is not having TMP device installed on it then why I am getting an error message saying "Can't detect tpm device"? Why there is a need for it. I am really running out of ideas and I don’t know what to try out further. I have been wandering in other forums but I have not yet come across any effective solution. I will get the board checked this weekend but before that if anyone is aware of any other solution that I can try out further then please post it here. It will be highly appreciative.

I am not sure if this will work or not but I have come across one who was facing the same issue. Even he’s board was not having any TMP device installed on it but somehow BIOS had installed it from within its PROM. The issue was solved after replacing the cmo’s battery, so if possible try doing the same and see if you are getting any luck with it. If not then you can very well contact Asus support or get it checked, best of luck.