Thread: MSI Radeon HD 5770 Hawk displays Small black rectangles on screen

MSI Radeon HD 5770 Hawk displays Small black rectangles on screen

My system is having a MSI Radeon HD 5770 Hawk and I did not had any issues with the same and I was able to play latest games without nay issues. Anyways today I have found that when I am playing any video or games then Small black rectangles are getting displayed on the screen. There are a number of them and are spread randomly on the screen. They have started occurring suddenly I have never come across them before. I don’t know what is the issue all about, I have tried updating the video card driver to the latest but that’s not making any difference in my case. The issue is still the same and I am not able to track out what’s wrong. Is there any solution that can help me out in getting rid of those black rectangles?

Re: MSI Radeon HD 5770 Hawk displays Small black rectangles on screen

Small black rectangles on screen sounds weird, I have not yet come across the same by now. Since you have mentioned that updating the driver to the latest has not helped you out I wanted to know if you had made fresh installation of the latest driver or not?? If not then use driver sweeper for uninstalling the old driver completely and then make a fresh and clean installation of the latest driver. If you still don’t get any help from it then you can try installing some other version of drivers and check out if anyone of them is appearing to be helping. Other than this I also wanted to know if this issue is just with particular game and video of with all of them?? Just let me know these things so that I can have a better idea of our case.

Exclamation Re: MSI Radeon HD 5770 Hawk displays Small black rectangles on screen

In that case I will like to inform you that I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling latest drivers several times and they are just not making any difference. I have made clean installation every time so I don’t think there should be any issue with that. I am not having this issuer with any specific game or video but it is appearing with all the videos I play and with all the games I run. I have tried checking about the same and have come across people facing similar issue but then their case was worse, probably a bad card. I don’t think that my card has turned out faulty as I am not having that big issues while playing game and videos. The Small black rectangles are not filling up the screen but they are quite visible, they are not in large numbers probably 8 or 10.

It will be better if you post a screen shot of that video so that we can check it out and get better idea regarding the same. Like you even I have come across people having issues like that but in their case they were having black boxes all of the screen and things were not appearing clearly as well. Since you have mentioned that there are few ones in your case I think your case is different, just post a screenshot for further help. I also wanted to know if it is appearing as soon as you are playing videos or games or later?? Are you overclocking the card??

Here it is, just check it out guys and let me know if anyone of you has come across the same and has any idea about it:

It is appearing as soon as I am playing videos or games. No, I am not overclocking the card and there is not overheating issue as well. is there anything else that I need to check out??Any further help regarding this will be appreciated.

I am not sure but then I think that there is something wrong with the monitor, if you are having an external monitor then connect the same and check out if you are getting the same Small black rectangles there or not. If it is not appearing on the external monitor then there is something wrong with the card and you will have to get it checked.