Thread: Downgrade Asus P5k-premium Bios

Downgrade Asus P5k-premium Bios

I have an Asus P5k-premium board with me I wanted to downgrade this board in my system but the problem is that I am now getting how exactly should I do it. I am well aware of normal downgrading of the board but I am not sure how to do it with AMI BIOS. Is there anyone who is well aware of the downgrading procedure with AMI BIOS?

Re: Downgrade Asus P5k-premium Bios

I was with the same requirement, did a lot of research and ultimately got an answer for it. In order to downgrade your board with AMI BIOS I used Boot USB method.

• For a successful downgrade you need to have AFUDOS, make sure that you get an Engineering Edition of AFUDOS
    • If you are worrying about getting Engineering Edition of AFUDOS then do not worry, just Google AFUDOS Engineering and there’s the resulting link that you need to download. They might be zip files.
    • Within the same directory first extract AFUDOS along with the BIOS on your boot device
    • Now flash your system and for that you will have to follow the command: AFUDOS /ixxxx.rom /pbnc /n. here xxxx is nothing but the name of your ROM
    • That’s it; after you are done with flashing and verifying simply allow the computer to reboot if it asks the permission if not then do it manually.

I am not sure how much this method is comfortable but I am still not cleared with some of its steps. Rather I would go with my preferred option. Yes, I downgraded my BIOS with the help of ezflash at the early booting. Actually I have a Rampage Formula motherboard.

I got very much confused while extracting the AFUDOS. I was not getting whether I was supposed to extract AFUDOS to USB Flash and BIOS ROM file.

Exactly, you have to extract AFUDOS to the USB Flash along with the BIOS Rom files. I don’t think you would have followed something unique with EZFlash because as far as I know using both EZFlash and AFUDOS are entirely similar. Both of them follow almost same procedure. However you will need an Engineering edition of AFUDOS for downgrading as not all regular AFUDOS will do the same trick. I mean, all regular AFUDOS won’t help you in downgrading. I personally preferred HP drive Key boot utility in order to make a bootable USB drive.