Thread: How to get manufactured year and serial no. for AMD processor?

How to get manufactured year and serial no. for AMD processor?

I am not sure whether I am posting this thread in the correct section as I can’t find any appropriate or common category for such queries. But however I expect a lot and that’s the reason I am here. There is nothing much I need to know except for the manufacturing date and the serial no. of the processor I am currently having. I have AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor installed into my system and for your kind information the processor is not just a year old (not sure) and seems like there is something wrong with this processor. Believing that a year old processor should also have no problem I am planning to go for a under warranty repair or replacement but for that I need to confirm whether the processor is a year old or below that. And this can be known only if I check the manufactured date and for that I need you help. I don’t know where exactly I can get the information of the processor. Maybe its on the processor itself or there is some external source that provides us the information. No idea at all. Please help friends.

Re: How to get manufactured year and serial no. for AMD processor?

People do get confused while checking the hardware details related to the manufacturing details. For some hardware parts the details are printed on the hardware itself whereas for some they are mentioned at their official website for which you need to visit the site and enter the necessary information. There are also some hardware models which show up its details only with the help of the software. But if you need to know any details of AMD processor then I thinks you can find them on the CPU itself. For checking details you need to first open up your cabinet and then remove the heatsink from the top of your processor. Now remove your processor you might see the serial number or the model number of your CPU.

Re: How to get manufactured year and serial no. for AMD processor?

Hey I don’t think you will get any information from you AMD processor. As far as I know all the modern processors that are manufactured do not provide any serial number printed on the processor. I am not sure with the information but however getting the serial number now days is only possible for a Pentium 3 processors. The reason for the elimination of the serial number is due to the privacy concerns. As you said that your processor is not even a year old then I think it might be one amongst those modern processor that doesn’t comes up with the serial number.

But if you are fortunate enough and if you successfully manage to get the serial number then I am sure with the help of the serial number you will be able to get other necessary information as per your requirement like manufactured date.