Thread: MSI GE620DX (windows 7) turns black for 2 minutes after windows logo and hangs

MSI GE620DX (windows 7) turns black for 2 minutes after windows logo and hangs

I am having a MSI GE620DX which is running on windows 7 and it was working fine by now. Since a couple of fays I have found that while booting the screen goes blank after windows logo for 2 minutes and then boots up fine. I am not having any issue after it boots up but I am not willing to wait for that long. I am quite sure that there is something wrong with it. It never happened before and has occurred suddenly. I am not able to track out the cause of the issue. I have tried rebooting the laptop several times but I have got the same response every time. Is there anyone who has faced this weird issue and has an idea about it?? I have checked about the same on the web and have found some people facing similar black screen after windows logo but their case was different. I mean in their cases the system used to get hang after the black screen where as in my case the laptop starts up fine after black screen, it is just that I have to wait for 2 minutes to get rid of it. Is there any solution that I can try out for solving this??

Re: MSI GE620DX (windows 7) turns black for 2 minutes after windows logo and hangs

Your issue seems to be really weird but you are lucky as the system is working fine after the black screen. I am not very sure but I think that there is some kind of driver issue in your case. so just check out and see if there is any driver missing in the device manager, if yes then install the same from windows update and see if the issue is getting solved or not. If not then try installing all the recommend updates via windows update and check out if that makes any difference. First check out these things and let me know if it helps or not, if it does not then I will suggest you some other possible solutions.

Re: MSI GE620DX (windows 7) turns black for 2 minutes after windows logo and hangs

I have checked out in the device manager and there is no missing driver. I have been installing recommend updates by windows and the laptop is up to date. I don’t think there is an issue with the drivers but there is something else that is causing the black screen. I have asked about the same to my mates and they have suggested me to try reinstalling windows. I don’t have an issue in trying out the same as I have recently took the backup but I am keeping that as my last option. So if there is any other solution rather than reinstalling windows then please let me know. It will be very helpful, thanks in advance.

You are facing slow boot, I just wanted to know that have you recently installed or updated any drivers in your laptop?? If you have and if you are aware of the same then uninstall the same or roll back to the older version and see if the issue is getting solved. This issue is common and mostly occurs because of corrupted drivers. If you are not aware of the updates that you have installed then you can simply try doing a system restore and that should help. Give it a try and post back the result you get after that.

Since you have mentioned that the issue has arisen suddenly I think doing a system restore from a point when everything was working well will be a better idea. It will discard the recent changes that you might have made in the laptop and solve the issue. If you have installed some crucial applications than better take a backup of the same before you try out system restore as it will be lost after that. If that does not help then I don’t think there is something that you will be able to try out rather than reinstalling windows. Best of luck.

I agree to you on that point, I think doing a system restore will probably help you out but if it doesn’t then before reinstalling the windows you can try out updating the bios as well. I have come across some people who were facing similar issue and were able to sort it out by updating the bios. So even you can give it a try and check out if you are getting any luck after that. If it does not make any difference in your case then you can very well go with the re-installation of windows.