Thread: msi z77a-g45 motherboard turns off and on in loop when turning it on

msi z77a-g45 motherboard turns off and on in loop when turning it on

I am having MSI z77a-g45 motherboard installed in my system and today when I turned it on then it started fine but after 5 minutes it entered off and on loop. I don’t know what has gone wrong with it as it was working fine till yesterday. I have inspected all the components of the system and they are appearing to be fine there has not been a short-circuit and so. Is there anything I can try out for solving the issue, is the board turning faulty? Any suggestions?

Re: msi z77a-g45 motherboard turns off and on in loop when turning it on

There are possibilities that something might have gone wrong with the board, anyways I just wanted to know if you have tested out the connection properly? Reseated all the motherboard components again? If not then try out the same and see if that is making any difference. Since you have mentioned that it stars up fine and enter the on and off loop after sometimes there can be something wrong with the psu as well. So just check out your psu and better use some other one to narrow down the cause of the issue. Just check out these things and let me know the response you get so that I can have better idea of your case.

I have checked out all the connections, have reseated them as well but I am not able to see anything wrong with them. I have tried using a psu taken from other working machine from my place but I am getting the same response from it as well. The system is entering the loop again and again, is there anything else that I need to check out or some solution that I can try out further?? I really need to get it working somehow, so any help regarding this will be appreciated.

I am not sure of this will help but you can try clearing the cmos and check out if it is helping. You can try clearing the cmos in three ways:
    • Clear the CMOS with the "Factory Defaults" BIOS Option Menu
    • First enter the bios setup utility on boot and "Reset BIOS Settings" to their factory default levels. The option might differ but it should be like default, factory default, clear BIOS, load setup defaults, etc.
    • Clear the CMOS Using the Motherboard Jumper
    • Here you have to short the "CLEAR CMOS" jumper on the motherboard. The jumper will be located near the BIOS chip, you just have to take out the jumper and switch its position, wait for some time and switch it back to its original position.
    • Clear the CMOS by Reseating the CMOS Battery
    • This is the simplest of them all, you have to turn off the system, unplug the power cord, remove the battery, wait for some time, plug the power cord and turn on the system.
    • Just try it out and post back the result.

I think there is something wrong with the cpu or the ram. If possible just check out the ram and the cpu of your system in some other system and see if they are working fine. If any of them don’t, then you will have to get them replaced. If they work then you board might have turned faulty. I also wanted to know that are you getting nay beep sound before it enters the on and off loop?? If yes then check out if the beep is in any sequence, the sequence of the beep can help in finding out the faulty component of the board.

So now I have tried clearing the CMOS by Reseating the CMOS Battery but that’s not helping. I am not getting any beep, I have tested out the ram and the cpu in my other working system and they are appearing to be working fine there.After trying out all these possible solution I think there is something wrong with the board. I will get it checked tomorrow. God knows what the issue all about is.