Thread: Getting boot up error messages while booting MSI-Z68A-G43 (G3)

Getting boot up error messages while booting MSI-Z68A-G43 (G3)

My system is having MSI-Z68A-G43 (G3) motherboard and on booting I am getting an error message saying “Warning!!! The previous overclocking had failed. Please enter Setup to configure your system.” It was working fine and I did not have any issues with the same by now. It all happened suddenly, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it or can help me out with the same??? Any suggestion.

Re: Getting boot up error messages while booting MSI-Z68A-G43 (G3)

I am aware of this issue but before suggesting you about the same I just wanted to know if you were overclocking your system?? Have you tried out clearing cmos, if you haven't then try out the same and let me know if it is making any difference. Since you are getting boot up error message the best solution here will be taking out the battery from the board. So just unplug the power cord, take out the battery, wait for some time, reseat the battery, plug the power cord and turn it on and see if the system is booting up fine or not. Make sure that you are loading the defaults after clearing cmos, Just check out what I have suggested and post back the result that you get.

After your suggestion I have tried out clearing the cmos and have loaded defaults as well but I am still getting the same response. The system is still not booting up and is giving same error message. Is there anything else that I need to check out?? Further help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Since you are getting an overclocking error message I will suggest you to change the DRAM Frequency from Auto to DDR3- 1333 MHz or vice versa and see if is making any difference. Just to narrow down the cause of the issue you can also try reseatting ram as well. Give a try to things that I have suggested and post back what you get so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with it.

Your issue seems to be weird, I mean you are getting and error message saying overclocking had failed and so even when you have not overclocked any component. Anyways even I am guessing ram to be involved so where, so you can very well check out what crook has suggested. You should also run memtest86 for some hours, if at all these things does not make any difference in your case then you can check out your psu as well. I mean you can try using some other psu from a working machine to find out if there is anything wrong with your psu.

I have checked about the same and have found people facing error like "Overclocking Failed! Please enter Setup to re-configure your system.
    Press F1 to Run SETUP
    Press F2 to load default values and continue"
    and
    “Warning!!! The previous overclocking had failed. Please enter Setup to configure your system.”
    People where facing these errors even though they were not overclocking their system. Most of the people have mentioned that this was due to ram in their case, they were not facing the same error with other ram. So I will suggest you to try some other ram in your system and see if you are able to get rid of that warning message or not.