Arrow Intel DH67VR vs ASRock H61M-PS2

which of these to motherboards is better for gaming

Intel DH67VR Motherboard

ASRock H61M-PS2 Motherboard

see both on "flipkart" (site)

the asrock is cheap but has h61
    does that have a great effect on performance

the asrock has pcie x16 3.0

ascrock is cheaper and better than intel but has h61 chipset so....thanks in advance

Re: Intel DH67VR vs ASRock H61M-PS2

The Intel DH67VR is built on a H67 Express Chipset which normally supports SATA 6Gb and has some more usb ports on board comapared to H61 boards. H61 boards are definitely cheaper than the H67 boards, cause it is designed to be on the side of an entry level board, so it is fine for you to go with the asrock board for gaming purpose.

Arrow Re: Intel DH67VR vs ASRock H61M-PS2

how does the chipset effect the pcs performance
    and thank u very mych

Hi noob1016,
    The first thing that I would like to tell you is that motherboard is the heart of any computer. As in human body Heart transfers the blood from one part to another, motherboard does the same with electricity and data flow. Since you are making a computer required for gaming, let me tell you that chipset plays a great role in performance of a game. Most of the games only focus on the RAM and the graphic card that is required for gaming. They completely ignore the need of chipset. If motherboard is the heart, then chipset is the spinal cord of the computer. I am referring to chipset as the spinal cord because, it holds the other peripherals of the computer together and helps them perform and act in a co-ordination. A chipset is divided into two parts, that is northbridge and southbridge. The northbridge maintains the performance and the co-ordination among the peripherals which need to give a high performance. It mostly works along with the graphic card and other peripherals responsible for visuals in any computer. Similarly, soutbridge in a chipset deals with the general activities and maintains performance and co-ordination among peripherals responsible for data storage, networking, audio input and output and other similar activities.

The chipset doesn’t have graphic memory and capabilities enough to support a game. But some chipsets are developed that can support some games that need large graphic memory. If in case your graphic card fails due to some problem, then your computer doesn’t stops giving display completely. Instead of graphic card, chipsets integrated graphic processor gives output. As per your question, it seems that you have decided on the motherboard first and then you are trying to purchase a chipset. But let me tell you that chipset is more important than motherboard. So, it is my suggestion that you first find out a chipset best for your purpose, which is gaming and then find a motherboard compatible with the selected chipset.

ThumbsUp Re: Intel DH67VR vs ASRock H61M-PS2

that was some awesome explanation
    i have started understanding somethings....
    so according 2 u is the h67 good?
    should i go for h67?
    or h61 is fair enough and should be my choice
    would i be able 2 play all games with h61?

my graphic card is Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
    my monitor is 20inch

would h61/h67 and this card run all games?

4gig ram

i3

Hi noob1016,
    As I mentioned in my above reply, chipset is more important than motherboard, first decide the chipset you want to buy and then find compatible motherboard. The way you are giving importance to the motherboard it seems that you will be overclocking it. I suggest you that you should go for the motherboard that provides more slots for RAM and graphic card. As you are getting computer for gaming, more slots will let you have more peripherals in your computer if needed. I don’t know what your budget is, but asking about graphic card, I’ll suggest you to buy Nvidia GT 520 DDR3 2 GB graphic card. It is the best graphic card available at reasonable price. Also as per Flipkart prices, Nvidia GT 520 DDR3 2 GB is less expensive than Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 1 GB GDDR5. One thing about Nvidia GT 520 DDR3 2 GB is that it won’t provide you some high end features of Nvidia like SLI, but is worth if budget is limited. When talking about processor, Intel i3 and Intel i5 both are good. But again, it depends on your budget and you need to decide it yourself. Speaking about RAM, 4 GB is fine for running current games. But with the current rate of development in gaming, I’d say that maybe in next two to three years, even 4 GB RAM would be insufficient. So I’d say that you can also go for 8 GB RAM or maybe higher. Also RAM won’t be just used in gaming, even other processes would run faster due to high speed RAM.

thanks for all ur help but i m a noob and cant decide a chipset for me
    so plz tell me is h61 fine or u suggest a bugdet chipset mobo

question Re: Intel DH67VR vs ASRock H61M-PS2

but the nvidia geforce gt 520
    has only 64bit memory will i still be able 2 play all games?
    my budget is dot 35k

Hi noob1016,
    After doing some research I can tell you that Intel DH67VR motherboard is good for gaming. Also it will be available at a reasonable price. Price of Intel DH67VR will be in range of Rs. 5000 to Rs. 6000. For best performance, I suggest that you should use Intel Core i5 or Intel Core i7 chipset along with this motherboard. I read the specifications on the official website of Intel and also some other websites, all of them had specifically mentioned that it will support only DDR3 type of RAM and other parts. Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 1 GB GDDR5 which you have mentioned is a DDR5 type of graphic card. The DDR3 type of NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 is also available, but there is not much difference between them. The only difference is in memory interface width, which is more in NVIDIA GeForce GT 440. Also NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 has more memory bandwidth and obviously price. Except the features that I mentioned, other that are required for gaming is all same. Another extra feature that NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 supports and Nvidia GeForce GT 520 doesn’t support is 3D vision. But again not every game supports 3D vision and most of the games aren’t designed for it. While Nvidia GeForce GT 520 which I am suggesting is a DDR3 type of graphic card. Yes, it will support every game that is currently available in a market and will come in next two to three years. Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 1 GB GDDR5 will work along with Intel DH67VR, no issues, no crashes or no other problems. But, as you are using DDR5 in a DDR3 slot, the graphic card with DDR5 architecture will underperform. So it is better that you use all DDR3 parts. Since your budget is Rs. 35000, I guess that you will be spending Rs. 15000 on Monitor, CPU Cabinet, Mouse, Keyboard, Speakers and other peripherals combined. So If I calculate your remaining Rs. 20,000 can be wisely spent on purchase of Motherboard, RAM, chipset, PSU and graphic card.

srry for irritating u but i am a slow learner

i thought ddr3 is for ram
    so does it mean that i can use only a ddr3 graphic?
    r there board for ddr5 ram?

Hi noob1016,
    Actually, RAM are not available in DDR5 architecture. The highest level of it will be available is in DDR3 architecture. Graphic cards are available in DDR5 architecture which is mentioned as GDDR5. The graphic card that you are mentioning Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 1 GB GDDR5 will work in motherboards which have PCI E slots of version 2.0. So actually I have mentioned wrong in previous comment. Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 1 GB GDDR5 will work fine along with Intel DH67VR motherboard. No underperformance will be noticed.

You are not irritating, you can ask as many question as you want.

thanks so i must go intel with i5

Quote Originally Posted by noob1016 View Post
    thanks so i must go intel with i5
    Yes, you can go with the Intel DH67VR desktop motherboard that comes with a HDMI port along with dvi-i port which also supports 2 way displays if used with an intel processor with Intel HD Graphics, like the Intel Core i3-2100 that comes with and Intel HD Graphics 2000, and if you plan to purchase another video card, then you can even use that by simply switching the graphics adapter or so.

blush Re: Intel DH67VR vs ASRock H61M-PS2

what basically are the main differences because of which one would decide between h61 or h67 thanks you

As mentioned by T.J earlier in his post, H61 chipset is a lot cheaper as compared to H67. The H61 also has less usb ports which might be 10 as compared to H67's 14 usb port, h61 also doesnt have Sata6 but has 4 x Sata3, so there is no support for ssd. It also has less PCIe slots and there is no graphics card boost on the H61 either. So, you can judge by yourself for which board you should go for.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast