Thread: Getting nvstor64 error on ASUS STriker II Formula

Getting nvstor64 error on ASUS STriker II Formula

My system is having ASUS STriker II Formula Motherboard and it is running on windows 7 and things were working fine by now. I don’t know what has went wrong with it suddenly and today after doing a system restore which was reported as successful i found nvstor64 error to be reoccurring in event viewer. I don’t know what is causing the same is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well.

Re: Getting nvstor64 error on ASUS STriker II Formula

I have checked out for the same and have found a workaround that can help. Actually one guy was facing repetition of below errors in his event viewer and he was able to solve out the same by below solution.
    Warning: nvstor64 “Reset to device, DeviceRaidPort1, was issued.”
    Warning: nvstor64 “A request to this device has been cancelled. Device: DeviceRaidPort1″

I am not sure if this will help but you can surely give it a try and find it out.
    • First download the latest chipset drivers from nVidia for your chipset, graphics card drivers along with Driver Sweeper.
    • Make sure you are just installing Driver Sweeper for now and not the chipset and graphics card drivers. After installing Driver Sweeper go in to device manager and uninstall graphics drivers as well as chipset drivers.
    • When you are done with the same then reboot the system in safe mode and run driver sweeper, when the task of driver sweeper gets completed then boot in to normal mode and install chipset and graphics card drivers, make sure that you are rebooting your system after installing the driver.

Just try out the same and see if the issue you are able to get rid of the same error or not.

I have now tried out uninstalling and reinstalling chipset and graphics card drivers just in the way you have mentioned. I have not missed out any step from the same and even after that I am able to see the same error message repeating them self in event viewer. Is there anything else that I can try out further??? I am getting this:
    A request to this device has been cancelled.
    Device: \Device\RaidPort0
    Model: WDC WD5000BEVT-75A0RT0
    Firmware Version: 01.01A01
    Serial Number: WD-xxxxxxxxxx
    Port: 0

I just wanted to know whether you have tried running Chkdsk Utility as this error seems to be related to hard drive. If not then try out the same and let me know what you get So that I can have a better idea of your issue and try to help you further with the same. I also wanted to know you are hard drives are in raid configuration and so? You should better cross check it in bios. Just check out the things I have suggested and let me know what you get for further help. You can simply check your hard drive for error following the below steps:
    • Go to start> Computer> Right-click on the hard disk> Properties> click on Tools tab and then click on Check Now under Error-checking.
    • You can select “Automatically fix file system errors” if there is some issue with the files and folders on the disc.
    • You can select “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors” for repairing physical errors on the hard disk.
    • You can select both for file and physical errors and click on start. Just check it out and post back the result you get.

Hey thanks for that, I have just ran Chkdsk Utility and the disk has been reported to be having bad sectors. I have checked regarding the bad sector on hard drive and have found that if it does not gets repaired by the Chkdsk Utility then the hard drive is turning faulty. Is it really so? I don’t know why the error is saying this Device: \Device\RaidPort0. In my case the system is not in raid and I have checked it out in bios as well and it is set to sata. Is there anything else that I can try out further?? Or I will simply have to replace the hard drive?? I also wanted to know how does bad sector occurs? While checking out for the same I found that it mostly occurs on old drives but in my case the drive is quite new it has just been two months.