Thread: Opening a new google chrome browser defaults to "new tab page”

Opening a new google chrome browser defaults to "new tab page”

Whenever I am working a Google Chrome browser and whenever I try to open up a new browser I end up getting a new tab page. I have already set the default page as what I wanted but then too I am the browser opens up without anything being displayed. Most interestingly the issue occurs only with the second browser. I mean, when I open the browser for the first time it starts well with the homepage that I have set but keeping the browser open when I try to start new Google Chrome I get the above issue. Please guys help me out; I am really frustrated with this trouble. Actually my job is such that I always have to work on multiple browsers at a time and opening up the browser individually and then again typing in the desired URL for opening the webpage is very much irritating. Lots of my time is wasted in just opening up the page that I work on. Help me out as soon as possible.

Re: Opening a new google chrome browser defaults to "new tab page”

Yeah that’s a common trouble that most of the Google Chrome users face. I was one amongst them. Actually there is no problem or error with the browser, you just have to make sure that you make all appropriate changes and also perform the necessary setting. I am sure you must not be well aware of the options that are causing you this problem. Anyways I hope that this one will help you out.

• First move your cursor to the extreme top right of the page and then hit the wrench then go to settings and then go to Startup.
    • Now in the startup you will get an option called "Open a specific page or set of pages", just make sure that this option is selected.
    • After this go to “Set pages”, here see whether your desired webpage is mentioned within the list of the preferred sites. If it’s its listed there then don’t do anything just close the browser and then restart it again.
    • And if your webpage isn’t listed then you can simply mention it over there by entering the URL of the webpage. Now I hope you will be able to open the browser with the assigned home page.

As far as I can understand the issue you are unable to get the preferred homepage only when you try to open a second Chrome browser window. if this is really you issue then I must say that it is not an issue, instead it’s a normal feature of chrome. For your kind information when you open a browser no doubt the browser is going to open up with homepage that you have set but then the same thing is not applied to the New Tabs that you open also it is not applied to the new browser window you open. So please do not take it as a issue rather you can confirm whatever information I have provided to you.

If in case you have any trouble with opening your first and fresh Chrome window then definitely you have a reason to worry. You can just follow up the above steps and make the necessary changes.

Look even I am not sure what exactly is causing you this problem. I haven’t heard of anyone facing the same problem after opening a new window. I do not have and fix or suggestion for your problem but I have got an interesting idea which I would like to share with you. you can easily get out of the hectic procedure that you are performing in order to open up your preferred homepage. If you set an icon at the top which can open up the homepage on a single click then I think almost 90% of the work is done. If you liked my idea then follow the complete steps:

You can add up a home page button which will help you to reach your homepage every time you feel like doing something over there. You have to add up a home button that’s it. For doing this:

Go to Wrench then Settings. In settings go to Appearance, now you will get an option called Show Home Button. Check that option and then type in your homepage address and done.