Thread: Driver to enable SATA AHCI in intel DH67CL

Driver to enable SATA AHCI in intel DH67CL

Hey friends I have recently made a new build with Intel Desktop Board DH67CL and have installed windows xp on the same without any issues. Anyways I had skipped the process of installing SATA drivers using F6 floppy method and now I am willing to enable the same by installing the driver manually. I have tried finding out the “intel DH67CL SATA AHCI driver” in the intel downloads center for windows 7 but I am not getting any result for the same. Is there anyone who can help me out in finding out the driver for enabling SATA AHCI??

Re: Driver to enable SATA AHCI in intel DH67CL

You can get the “RST and AHCI Driver and GUI “from the intel downloadcenter, I have checked about the same and the file name is RST_10.0.0.1046_WHQL_RAID_AHCI_drv_and_GUI.zip.
    Further details of the same are as followed:
    Version: 10.0.0.1046
    Date: 06/04/2011
    Size: 10.41 MB
    Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 , Windows Server 2008, Windows 7

Just download the same and let me know if you have any further issues in enabling SATA AHCI in intel DH67CL.

So now I have downloaded RST_10.0.0.1046_WHQL_RAID_AHCI_drv_and_GUI.zip from intel site but then in the detailed Description I have found that there are some controllers that are mentioned below. I just wanted to know which one I should use. There was a link saying which one I should download but when I am clicking on the same nothing happens and I am just redirected to below options:
    AHCI Controllers:
    • Intel Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller
    • Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller
    • Intel 5 Series/3400 Series SATA AHCI Controller
    • Intel 5 Series 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller
    • Intel 5 Series 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller
    • Intel ICH10D/DO SATA AHCI Controller
    • Intel ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller
    • Intel EP80579 SATA AHCI Controller
    • Intel ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller
    • Intel ICH9R/DO/DH SATA AHCI Controller
    • Intel ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller
    • Intel ICH8R/DH/DO SATA AHCI Controller
    • Intel ESB2 SATA AHCI Controller
    • Intel ICH7M/MDH SATA AHCI Controller
    • Intel ICH7R/DH SATA AHCI Controller

Is there anyone who has any idea about the same?? Any further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

If you are looking for intel desktop board dh67cl ahci controller then you can get the same from download-drivers-free site as well. You just have to google out “intel desktop board dh67cl ahci controller for your operating system” as simple and check out for the downloads at download-drivers-free site. Just download and install it and see if it helping.

So I have downloaded the same and have installed it as well, when I pointed it to the file that I have downloaded then it picked up “Intel Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller”. Now after restarting the machine I am facing blue screen error randomly. I think it has installed the wrong controller, Is there anything I can do for forcing it to install the other controller from the ones that are mentioned in the detailed description of the above driver??

I will like to inform you that the driver version that have been mentioned here is not the latest. I have crossed check out the same and have found below one to be the latest:
    Intel RSTe AHCI & SCU Software RAID driver for Windows
    File name: PBG_RSTe_Drivers_GUI_CIM_CLI_3.1.0.1085_2012.04.24.zip
    Date: 04/26/2012
    Size: 29.61 MB
    Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2*, Windows Vista

OS supported:
    • Windows Server 2008
    • Windows Server 2008 R2
    • Windows 7
    • Windows Server 2003

Download package includes:
    • Common Information Model (CIM) setup
    • Command Line Interface utility for UEFI, DOS and Windows x64 and x86 operating systems
    • Drivers for Windows x64 and x86 operating systems
    • Intel RSTe Graphical User Interface application
    • Intel RSTe Software User's Guide

You don’t have to worry about the specific controller you just have to download and install the above file and it will install he right one.

I have come across people having such issues while installing driver to enable SATA AHCI in intel DH67CL. I think that there is something wrong with the inetl dh67cl ahci controller for windows xp. The Intel Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller seems to be the right choice but I have found people facing blue screen error with the same while installing it following the F6 floppy method or even when installing it manually from the device manager. If you want then you can try installing operating system and install the SATA drivers using F6 floppy method but if that does not help then you can try updating the operating system and see if that’s helping. I don’t think you should have any issues as such after installing windows 7. Best of luck.