Thread: Intel DZ77BH-55K front panel USB 3.0 ports not working

Intel DZ77BH-55K front panel USB 3.0 ports not working

I have installed Intel DZ77BH-55K in my system, I have installed it successfully along with all the required drivers. I did not had any issues with the installation but now after turning it on I have found that the front panel USB 3.0 ports not working. When I am connecting any hard drive or usb drive then they are getting powered up but they are not getting recognized by the operating system. I am not sure if there is something wrong with the os or the board itself. Even the usb 2 ports are not working properly. Is there anything I can try out to get them working?

Re: Intel DZ77BH-55K front panel USB 3.0 ports not working

I just wanted to know are you quite sure that you have installed all the required drivers successfully?? I will suggest you top double check and see if there is any driver missing in the device manager. If yes then install the same and see if it is making any difference. If you are not having any missing driver then try updating the usb drivers to the latest and see if device attached to the usb ports are getting recognized. You have mentioned usb 2 ports are not working properly as well, what did you meant by that? Are they working or not? If both usb 3 and usb 2 ports are not working in your case then there are possibilities that they might be faulty and you will have to get your board replaced or repaired.

l33t Re: Intel DZ77BH-55K front panel USB 3.0 ports not working

there could be fault in cable extension from motherboard to usb port in cabinet
    or maybe even cabinet ports are faulty

You can try out the solution that has been mentioned above by "Pette D Champ" but if that’s not helping then I will guess that you might have not enabled them within bios. If it is so then enter the bios setup utility and enable them and see if they are working fine after that. If not then you can try updating the bios to see if it is making any difference. If you still do not get any luck with the solutions that have mentioned here then there might be some hardware fault with the ports and as suggested you will have to get them checked. I don’t think there is any other thing that you can try out further for this case.

Yes I have installed all the drivers and not even a single driver is missing. I had installed all the drivers using the driver cd that I have got with the board. After your suggestion I have tried updating the usb drivers to latest available driver but even after that it is responding in the same way. In my case usb 3 ports are just not working at all whereas usb 2 ports are able to recognize some devices. It does not recognize all the devices, I have tested out more than 8 devices including hard drives and usb drives but only 3 of them were getting recognized by usb 2 ports. The ports are working but not actually, that’s why I said they are not working properly. Anyways I have tried out the second solution as well that was for enabling the devices from bios and updating the bios. In that case I found the device to be already enabled there where as updating the bios did not helped. I really did not expected to face such issues with ne boards, is there anything I can try out further?? Rather than sending it for rma directly?? What do you guys think?

question Re: Intel DZ77BH-55K front panel USB 3.0 ports not working

have you tried resetting the bios?

See you have already tried out all the possible solutions that you could have for getting your usb ports working. Since these solutions are not working I am quite sure that the ports itself are faulty, like I have said there is nothing you can try out further rather than getting it repaired or replaced. If there would have been any issue from the software end then these solutions would have helped you out but they are not. So better get the board replaced as the board is new I don’t think you should have any problem in doing that.