Thread: Intel Dp55KG stops and beeps twice

Intel Dp55KG stops and beeps twice

I have recently bought Intel Dp55KG and have installed it successfully but when I am powering on the system then I am getting beeps twice and no post. I don’t know what that means, I have tried cross checking the connections and have made sure that there is nothing wrong with it. I have tried reseating all the board components as well but I am getting the same response. Is there anything that I can try out or the board itself is faulty?? Any suggestion.

Re: Intel Dp55KG stops and beeps twice

As it is a new motherboard I will suggest you clear the cmos first, since you have mentioned that the system is not booting properly you can try out the easiest method of clearing cmos. Just unplug the power cord from your system, take out the motherboard, take out the battery from it, wait for some second, reseat the battery, plug the power cord, turn on the system and see if it is booting up fine or not. If that’s not helping then you can try using a new battery as well. Just try it out and let me know what you get so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing.

I have tried clearing the cmos in the way you have mentioned but then it is not making any difference in my case. I really did not expected to face such issue with new board, I have already got it after waiting for 6 days and now getting it replaced will take more time. I have kept replacement as my last option so if there is anything else that I should check out any solution that I can perform then please let me know. Further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Two beep code sounds to be an issue with the video card or the ram, you will should check them out first. If the board is having integrated video card and then you can try booting the system without the video card. If system is booting and posting fine after that then there is something wrong with the card. You can cross check the same by using the same card in some other system. If the system is not booting without the card as well then like I have mentioned there are possibilities that you are having a faulty ram. If your system is having multiple rams then you can try using one ram at a time and find out if anyone of them is faulty. You can also try seating the card in different slots or swapping the slots specifically. If they don’t work and you are still getting beeps then you can try checking out the ram in some other working machine. If they are not working there then you know what’s wrong and if they do then there are possibilities that there is something wrong with your new board itself.

cool Re: Intel Dp55KG stops and beeps twice

see in ur manual which came with the mother board(u can also find it on intel's official site)beep codes of ur motherboard may, help in identifying problem

Thanks for your help guys it was the ram in my case and not the board, I don’t know what went wrong with one of the ram suddenly. All were working fine with the previous board. I had tried booting the system without the video card but I was still getting beeps. Later I tried booting the system with single ram and found it to be booting fine with 2 of them. Actually my system is having 2gb x 3 ram, the first and the third booted the system fine. There was something wrong with the third one, I tested it out in other working machine and got the same response from it. Currently the system is working fine with 4 gb of ram and I will add a new 2gb ram soon.