Thread: After updating BIOS to 0070 on Intel DZ77BH-55K, F2 won’t work

After updating BIOS to 0070 on Intel DZ77BH-55K, F2 won’t work

My system is having Intel DZ77BH-55K and I was not having any issues with the same and everything was normal. Yesterday I had updated BIOS to 0070 and since then I am not able to enter the bios setup utility. Nothing happens when I am pressing F2. I did not had any issued in installing the bios but I don’t know what has went wrong. Is there anything else I can do now??? Any suggestion?

Re: After updating BIOS to 0070 on Intel DZ77BH-55K, F2 won’t work

In that case I just wanted to know if you have tried clearing cmos if not then try it out and let me know it is it is making any difference.

By Using Motherboard Jumper:
    You can take out the board and check out for the jumper on the board, the location might vary according to the board. If you are not able to find it out then go through the motherboard manual. It is mostly near the CMOS battery. There will be 3 pins where the jumper might be joining the center pin. You just have to take out the jumper and then join the opposite pin. Just to explain the same I detail if the jumper is joining center pin to left pin then switch it to center pin to right. After doing that wait for some seconds and then switch back the jumper to its original place. When you are done with the same then turn on the machine and see if you are able to enter the bios setup utility.

By removing battery:
    This is the easiest way of clearing the cmos, you just have to turn off the system, remove the power cord, take out the board, take out the battery, wait for some second, reseat the battery, plug the power cord, turn on the system.

just before that
    make sure your keyboard f12 button is working correctly

Since you have mentioned that you have updated the bios recently you might be having a backup of the same. If so then I will suggest you to better try out the bios recovery method:
    Using USB Thumb Drive:
    Copy the recovery file (*.BIO) to your USB thumb drive and Plug the same to your system and turn off the machine and unplug the AC power adapter.
    Now remove the BIOS Configuration Jumper and turn on the system. Now just wait for the update process to get completed. Make sure that you are not interrupting the process in between, the system will let you know when the process gets completed. Once the process gets completed then remove the thumb drive and reseat the BIOS Configuration Jumper and restart the system.
    Using Floppy Disk:
    Copy the recovery file (*.BIO) to your Floppy Disk and insert the same to your system and turn off the machine and unplug the AC power adapter.
    Now remove the BIOS Configuration Jumper and turn on the system. Now just wait for the update process to get completed. If the floppy drive LED is lit then the process might be in process. So make sure that you are not interrupting the process in between. The system will let you know when the process gets completed. When the process gets completed then remove the Floppy Disk and reseat the BIOS Configuration Jumper and restart the system
    Using CD-ROM:
    Copy the recovery file (*.BIO) to your CD and insert the same in to your system CD-ROM drive and turn off the machine and unplug the AC power adapter.
    Now remove the BIOS Configuration Jumper and turn on the system. Now just wait for the update process to get completed. If the CD-ROM drive LED is lit then the process might be in process .So make sure that you are not interrupting the process in between. The system will let you know when the process gets completed. When the process gets completed then remove the CD and reseat the BIOS Configuration Jumper and restart the system

Just try out the same and let me know if that’s helping. If you have any further issues with it then let me know I will try to help you with other possible solutions.