Thread: Intel DH67CL freezes completely and blue screen error

Intel DH67CL freezes completely and blue screen error

I have recently replaced my system board with Intel Desktop Board DH67CL as something went wrong with the previous board. I did not had any issues in setting up the new board and I have installed all the required drivers as well. The problem that I have noticed today is that when I am transferring huge data say about 50 gb then the transfer process gets frozen and results in to blue screen error. I had never faced any such issues even though I used to transfer files up to 500 gb. I don’t know what is causing the issue in my case. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it. I think that there is something wrong with the new board for sure but I am not able to find out what. I have crossed checked and found of the transfer is below 50 gb then it gets completed without any blue screen error. What do you guys think might be causing this issue?

Re: Intel DH67CL freezes completely and blue screen error

Its hard to guess what might be causing the issue but the I will like to know few things so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with the same. Have you tried using different port for transferring file?? You are having issues while transferring the data from your computer to other device or from other device to your system? If you are having issue in transferring data from your system to some device then you can try using some other device. If you are having issue in transferring file from your device to your system then you can try out carrying the transfer in some other machine. If you have not yet checked out these things then check it out and let me know what you get for further help.

See I have inspected all these thing’s, actually I am having issues in transferring files from my system to my hard drive and not vice versa. This makes me think that there is something wrong with the system and not the drive, I have crossed checked out the same by transferring files to other hard drives as well and have got the same blue screen error. I have tried installing all the updated that I have got through windows update and my system is fully updated and even after that I am facing such errors. Is there anything I can try out further??

I will suggest you to try running the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) for that you need to follow the below steps:
    • First go to Start> All Programs> Accessories> Command Prompt (make sure that you are right clicking on the Command Prompt and running it as administrator.
    • After opening the Command Prompt type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit enter.

This process will scan all protected system files and will replace them if there is something wrong.Just try out the same and see if you are having any luck with it, I have come across people who were getting blue screen errors and most of them were able to solve out the same by running System File Checker tool.

I just wanted to know if you have tried updating the bios or not, since you have mentioned you have installed all the update via windows update you might have forgot to update the bios as it does not gets updated by installing windows update. If you have not then try updating the same and see it is making any difference. I am not so sure if it will be making any difference but you can give it a try for narrowing down the cause of the issue in your case.