Thread: Want opinion before buying Gigabyte GA-970-D3

Want opinion before buying Gigabyte GA-970-D3

Hello friends.

I am planning to buy a new desktop system and in that planning to buy GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 Motherboard with AMD 9 Series FX Chipset. So I want opinion from everyone and would like to know should i buy this motherboard or should go for any other motherboard ?

If you guys think i should go for some other please specify the reason why. That will really help me a lot. Thanks

Re: Want opinion before buying Gigabyte GA-970-D3

I would say a “NO” as I was using AMD processor in start when I bought my first computer. that time i was not having that much of knowledge about hardwares. But now if anyone asks me which motherboard to go for I would say go for any but don’t go for any AMD microprocessor based mobo's as it heats up your computer very fast and it starts restarting after some period of time.

I think you should buy this motherboard as it is designed for getting more stability and even more speed for fast data transfer by using the GIGABYTE 333 onboard acceleration technologies. As it has USB3.0 controller it helps users to transfer really fast with approx 5 GBPS. As it is the first Serial ATA Revision 3.0 solution via AMD SB950 chipset. As the AMD 900 series has got an amazing design and low resistance fuses so that it can provide low voltage drops and more stability.

Basically I don’t know about this board as I have not used it but I am using 970A-UD3 and I think it is similar to the board which you are talking about. My 970A-UD3 is working amazing for me without any problem. You can still go Gigabyte GA-970-D3 if you are planning to overclock it in future. As I would say that 970x series has a very good over clocking options. Hope you got my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod View Post
    Hello friends.
    I am planning to buy a new desktop system and in that planning to buy GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 Motherboard with AMD 9 Series FX Chipset. So I want opinion from everyone and would like to know should i buy this motherboard or should go for any other motherboard ?
    As its a new version of D3 with VRM heatsink so it should work good but I think you will face some problems with CPU recognition. But that also is not a big issue and can be solved by just updating the BIOS for your CPU to work fine. I would say that you should try out UD3 as you can get better CPU supply on your motherboard.