| || |
Join Date: Jul 2011
Re: What system needed for 6 Way Sli setup
Check the below list that will be needed to configure a 6 way Sli :
- A high end motherboard with 6 GPU Slow (Pcie or higher)
- Atleast Quad Core processor
- Ram above 8GB (Upto 16GB)
- 6 Common GPU models of 1GB RAM each.
- Power Supply more than 1000w
- Advance Liquid Cooling kit that can draw heat from GPU as well as CPU.
- Large Ventilation fans as additional support.
- Atleast 50" or higher LED monitor to get benefit from 6 way Sli.
- Programs, Games, Videos, etc made for 6 way SLi or large resolution.
In the above list what do you expect is available. Only the ram and cpu. So this is just a dream and building that system is not a easy cup of tea. You will need to accumulate the best compatible hardware. I had seen a lot issue while configuring 4 way sli on two different gpu models. There were constant blue screens and at last I tried to use my system stable on 2 gpus. It is not really possible in my views. You need a far more better board and high end system to handle that much operation. Also video memory is not really used every time, most of the time your cpu and ram are responsible to carry out various operations. GPU delivers you high quality graphic output. In place of loosing your wealth for making that system just go for a good 2GB gpu which is more than enough. Till yet the gpu manufacturers are not succeeded in giving a stable and simple 4 way SLi setup and you are expecting 6 way on that. Also there is no board yet design to use more than 1 cpu which can carry out more heavy processing.