Thread: Asus P8Z68-V Pro is not detecting my graphic card

question Asus P8Z68-V Pro is not detecting my graphic card

I have recently bought a new Asus P8Z68-V Pro motherboard as the previous board has turned out faulty. The problem that I am having with it is that my graphic card is not getting detected by it. The onboard integrated graphic card is working fine but then I don’t know what my graphic card is not getting detected. The card was working fine in the previous board without any issues. I am having a MSI Twin Frozr II gtx560 Ti video card and I don’t think that there might be any incompatibility issue and so. What do you think might be the cause of this issue??

Re: Asus P8Z68-V Pro is not detecting my graphic card

Yes the graphic card should work fine with your Asus P8Z68-V Pro but I think that there is something wrong with either the card or the board in your case. I will suggest you to first check out in the bios and see if the graphic card is getting detected there or not. If not then you can try updating the bios and see if it is making any difference. If it does not get detected even after updating the bios then there are possibilities that there is something wrong with the pci-e slot of the board or the card itself might have turned faulty. To check out the card you can try using it on some other working system and see if it is working out there or not. If it doesn’t then you know who is the culprit, you will probably have to get your card replaced. If it works there then like I said there is something wrong with the pci-e slot of the board and you will have get it repair or replaced. Just check out these things and let me know what you find out.

So here is what I have found so far:
    • I have tried updating the bios and have tried switching between PCIE/PCI but it did not made any difference and the card was not getting detected.
    • Later I tested out the card in a working machine and it appeared to be working out fine there.

So does that mean the Asus P8Z68-V Pro is faulty and so? I don’t think there might be something wrong like that, I mean the board is quite new. Is there anything else that I can check out or try out to confirm if this is an issue with the board itself? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

See you have tried out the possible solution for tracking out the cause of the issue in your case. If you still think that the board is not the culprit in your case then you can cross check out the same by using some other working graphic card in the same slot. I am quite sure it will now work but doing that will clear your doubts. I also wanted to know that are you quite sure that you are seating the card properly? As far as I am ware Asus P8Z68-V Pro has 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8) slot so have you tried using the card in both?? If you have any doubts regarding the connection then better go through the manual of the motherboard and make sure that you are not missing out anything.

No I am not missing out anything and I am quite aware of these things. Anyways I think you were right I have check out the board with other working graphic card and unfortunately I am getting same response. It is just not detecting the card, I did not expected any issues as such with this new motherboard. I had got it after waiting for a week and unluckily I will have to sent it for ram and get a new one. I don’t know when I will get my replacement now. I forgot to add that I was using the same board previously as well and I had issues with it ram slots and now it is with the PCIe slot. I have my worst experience with this board and I am willing to get some other now.